cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Roadmap

Rich McDermott
Level 1
Level 1

The B200M2 and C210M2 servers now support up to 400 agents.  Any plans for the MCS 7845 server to support up to 400 agents?

Any plans to increase the agent limit from 400?  I would like to see the agent limit increase to 1000 on the UCCX platform.

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are no plans to grow that large with UCCX; you should be investing in a UCCE deployment if your environment will require 1000 agents. The original goal was to get to 500 but testing ended up finding that only 400 was feasible. Also remember that getting to 300, let alone 400, has a whole bunch of limitations on it and is only viable for inbound voice; not email, outbound, or other features.

Conversations this far have explicitly said 'only VMware-based UCS'. I suggest working with your Cisco AM to submit a business case for including MCS-based test profiles if you want it. You would have to demonstrate the revenue they would get from existing customer deployments through additional seat purchases justifies the costs of testing that scenario for each major/minor/patch release. I say existing deployments because almost every quote I have done since 8.0(2) shipped is UCS-based and I'm seeing the same from everyone in my area.

I heard that Cisco was considering expanding UCCX at a CIPTUG conference (possibly up to 1000 agents).  It is discouraging to hear that they are not because I cannot justify the cost of UCCE.

Also, I like that UCCX 8.5 is now on a Linux OS.  Do you know if there are any plans to move UCCE to a Linux OS?

Thank you,

Rich

I'm not saying that CCX capacity will never be increased further. My answers here limited to currently-shipping products which are not under NDA. What you should take away from my statement is if they couldn't get to 400 due to internal architectural limitations, the effort required to get to 1000 would be a huge undertaking.

Having said that, CCX architecturally doesn't make sense at that scale in my opinion. My gut reaction is that if your contact center is this large, UCCE should be cost justifiable due to the criticality to the business. Cisco doesn't throw a dart at a board to determine pricing; it's based on the value the product provides to an organization.

I appreciate the insight.

Thank you,

Rich

Re UCCE on Linux, if that ever does happen it would likely not be for a very long time, I would operate under the assumption that it will always be Windows based. Unlike many of the other contact center related products, there is not much Java in UCCE so it will be difficult to migrate to Linux.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: