Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Screen not displaying properly

When I log into UCXX everything looks fine.  When I go to "applications" and try clicking on Prompt Mtc. or Script Mtc, my screen does this and I can't do anything.  Picture is attached.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I typed in the new command you gave me and I got "Runtime state cannot be performed on a cluster with a single active node".  

>> From this i can only assume that you have a single node UCCX. Please correct me if i am wrong. 

The server hasn't been booted for a long while.  How would I go about restarting the cluster vs. the service?

>> "Utils system restart" will restart your whole server. This command is same as "Windows - Restart". Please note, it will take roughly 20 to 30 min for all services to go "inservice". And since it is a single node server, until the server reboots and "in service", there will be no contact center operations (no IVR, agent logging, reporting etc). since you mentioned this server has not been booted for a while, i strongly suggest taking a DRS  backup. try "https://<fqdn of CCX>/drs (search in google for ccx drs for additional info). 

or if you prefer not to reboot, suggest opening a TAC case so they can analyze the Tomcat logs to help figure why you are having this issue.

You'll have to bear with me, I'm an old TDM tech and I can provision phones and route patterns and what not...translations, but as far as anything else I'm still learning and I'm totally self taught so I'm scraping info together as I go.  Sorry that you'll have to really dumb this down for me.  

>> NW Adam. Community is here to help

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

looks like a browser render issue. Have you tried different machine/different browser?

Thanks

Senthil Natarajan

I haven't tried a different machine as mine is the only one that uses this.  I've tried 3 different browsers and they all do the same thing.

I also just tried it from two other machines and it looks the same.

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

What version?

Check the database status

The version 11.6.1.10000-51

I'm fairly new to Call Manager and VoIP, how would I check the database status?

DB status can be checked thru 

1. CLI - show dbreplication runtimestate

2. GUI - if you login to serviceability page

Some layer 1 questions

1. Is this new install ? Have you installed all needed ES?

2. Have you tried restarting the Tomcat services or restart the whole server?

3. you are getting this issue only for appadmin page or even for other hosted services like finesse/cuic/ids? 

4. is this a lab environment? IF you are running in an under-spec'ed hardware, things like this will happen.

Thanks

Senthil Natarajan

Answers to best of my ability below.

DB status can be checked thru 

1. CLI - show dbreplication runtimestate---Told me this was an invalid command.  Did "?" to show me all the show commands and this wasn't one of them.

2. GUI - if you login to serviceability page---Logged onto serviceability page but I don't know exactly what I'm looking for.

Some layer 1 questions

1. Is this new install ? Have you installed all needed ES?--Been installed about 2 years, I last used UCCX about 5 months ago and it worked fine.

2. Have you tried restarting the Tomcat services or restart the whole server?--I think this may have happened before and we did restart a service, which service/s would I need to restart?

3. you are getting this issue only for appadmin page or even for other hosted services like finesse/cuic/ids? ---I've only noticed the error on UCCX

4. is this a lab environment? IF you are running in an under-spec'ed hardware, things like this will happen.--Not a lab environment.

utils dbreplication runtimestate

Since this is a prod server restarting the service should happen during the maintenance window only. If the server has not been booted for a while try restarting the cluster instead of just the service.

Thanks

Senthil Natarajan

Thank you for everything you're walking me through.  I typed in the new command you gave me and I got "Runtime state cannot be performed on a cluster with a single active node".  The server hasn't been booted for a long while.  How would I go about restarting the cluster vs. the service?  You'll have to bear with me, I'm an old TDM tech and I can provision phones and route patterns and what not...translations, but as far as anything else I'm still learning and I'm totally self taught so I'm scraping info together as I go.  Sorry that you'll have to really dumb this down for me.  

I typed in the new command you gave me and I got "Runtime state cannot be performed on a cluster with a single active node".  

>> From this i can only assume that you have a single node UCCX. Please correct me if i am wrong. 

The server hasn't been booted for a long while.  How would I go about restarting the cluster vs. the service?

>> "Utils system restart" will restart your whole server. This command is same as "Windows - Restart". Please note, it will take roughly 20 to 30 min for all services to go "inservice". And since it is a single node server, until the server reboots and "in service", there will be no contact center operations (no IVR, agent logging, reporting etc). since you mentioned this server has not been booted for a while, i strongly suggest taking a DRS  backup. try "https://<fqdn of CCX>/drs (search in google for ccx drs for additional info). 

or if you prefer not to reboot, suggest opening a TAC case so they can analyze the Tomcat logs to help figure why you are having this issue.

You'll have to bear with me, I'm an old TDM tech and I can provision phones and route patterns and what not...translations, but as far as anything else I'm still learning and I'm totally self taught so I'm scraping info together as I go.  Sorry that you'll have to really dumb this down for me.  

>> NW Adam. Community is here to help

Thanks for the help, you were very helpful.  I'm going to open a TAC case because this has happened before.

Version 11.X (several versions) have issues that open database connections are not closed again. And after some time (several months to 1/2 year the database stops working correctly and one of these effects is the weird layout you see in the GUI

A reboot will solve it for another 3-6 months

Bug ID CSCvg58622

But you could have also another issue

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: