cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX script call recording acknowledgement during the call

ragz3000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys, I need some guidance with UCCX scripting.

Once inbound call is answered by an agent, is it possible to get an acknowledgement from caller during the call by transferring them to another IVR, where a prompt plays the message to record the call yes/no. If caller inputs 1 or replies yes the call will then need to be sent back to same agent. If caller does not want the call to be recorded other appropriate action can be taken. Please share any ideas or sample scripts you might have.

During this whole process we would like to record the call, until caller "does not want to record"

Thanks heaps.

4 Replies 4

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this to allow a caller to option out from being recorded?

Which recording application is being used.  I use QM, and what I do is after my initial welcome message, I play a simple menu to press 1 to opt out of recording.  This stores a new call variable sent to Finesse.  IN the Finesse workflow, I have a simple call workflow that if this call variable is empty, proceed with the recording and send the meta data to QM.  If the field exists, the recording workflow does not take place.

In your suggestion, the welcome message and menu are presented by script before the call is connected to agent?

What we looking at is, during the conversation agent wants to present the caller with a menu for recording opt out and if caller is OK to be recorded. present the call to same agent instead of waiting in the queue again.

So the calls are not recorded unless the agent requests the recording? I am not sure why you would want to take a customer away from a live agent even for a short question. However you do have a couple options.

The simplest is with the integration with QM you can add the QM recording controls to finesse and the agent can verbally ask, then simple press record.

Scripting this out is also doable, you would need the agent to transfer to the trigger and the script has the basic menu. You would need to Have the script pull the agent line and save it as a variable. Then in the new script, you can have select resource form agent and not CSQ, using the variable stored. The agent would need to be in ready mode for this to reach him though. It can be done but it’s far easier to make the opt out before ever getting to the agent

Hello Mike,
in the situation you have implemented, the recording has already started at the beginning of the call ? Or depending on the outcome of "press 1" the recording commences or not ?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: