UCCX script Call whisper

ben.palmer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We use the following systems.

Call Manager  9.1.2

UCCX 10.6.1

Is it possible to use whisper to introduce a call to a user using a UCCX script?

We would like to play a wav file to a user to identify that the call has been routed to them for a particular reason. The routing we have worked out but we are unable to work out how we put a whisper in front of it.

Has anyone done this and are able to offer instruction or guidance?

Thanks in advance

11 Replies 11

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

Yes You can.

Its simple and can be done in UCCX scripting.

look at below for more detail 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/9350821/icd30-whisper-agent-call-connected#1043973

Its basically in your select resource step you don't connect the call to Agent but instead keep him selected, place whisper call and once done. connect the customer to agent.

Hello friends,

Has anyone been able to implement the announcement whisper before the call is connected to the agent? I've been trying this for a few days and to no avail.

jon_taylor1
Level 1
Level 1

Interested to know how you get on Ben,   been trying to get this working myself using the method Chintan linked to.   I have the steps working fine,. just the agent does not hear the desired whisper prompt.

Hi Jon, would be interested in getting a copy of your script if you would not mind supplying it?

Might get us a little further than we are! Thanks in advance.

Hi Ben

It's pretty much a carbon copy of the script linked to in this thread, I just merged it into an existing script,.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/9350821/icd30-whisper-agent-call-connected#1043973

I did actually open my own discussion on the issue which shows a small grab of the steps:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13218966/whisper-announcement-agent-not-hearing-prompt

Hi Jon.

Did you get this to work,playing the prompt to the agent ?

Henrik

Hello friends,

Has anyone been able to implement the announcement whisper before the call is connected to the agent? I've been trying this for a few days and to no avail.

BTW, the whisper prompt should be played to the contact which you get as result of call to the agent extension and not to the triggering contact.

Yes,. I do have the contact selected instead of the triggering contact.

rdcabrer1
Level 1
Level 1

I am running into the same problem, it can't get the agent as a contact. Even after placing a call to the agent ext. 

Are you using the same Contact variable in your Place Call to the Agent as you're using in your Play Prompt to the Agent?

EDIT: Never mind, I saw your screenshot in another post and you are using the same Contact.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: