cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Script Commands - Random Music for Hold

Matt Crosby
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create a queue loop where the hold music changes each time through. I've attached a snippet of the script I have now (which is supposed to be random) and it only plays 2 of the songs and sometimes the same one back-to-back.

I prefer it play each one as the user loops through the "queue_loop" and then restarts after playing the music variables.  

There is a better way to accomplish this but I just don't have the experience with it that I need. Please help.

-Matt

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

djlundberg
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Matt-

Take a look at the Create Container Prompt step.  You are able to set the Type to 'Randomization' which may get you what you're looking for.  If that doesn't do it there are a few other things you could do.

You can take a look a the Step Reference Guide for additional information:  Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Editor Step Reference Guide, Release 10.0(1) 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/products-programming-reference-guides-list.html

DJ 

View solution in original post

Hi Matt-

The Create Container Prompt step doesn't actually play the prompt to the caller, but rather just defines what will be played.  So, you should be able to set the value of a Play Prompt step to your P_HoldMusic variable and you should be good to go.  Sorry, I should have clarified that.  Cisco didn't name steps in the most intuitive way.  

You could also set a Menu or any other step that allows for a prompt to be played to the Output Prompt.

DJ

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

djlundberg
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Matt-

Take a look at the Create Container Prompt step.  You are able to set the Type to 'Randomization' which may get you what you're looking for.  If that doesn't do it there are a few other things you could do.

You can take a look a the Step Reference Guide for additional information:  Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Editor Step Reference Guide, Release 10.0(1) 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/products-programming-reference-guides-list.html

DJ 

I just built a container prompt and referenced the 4 variables that I have which recall the audio bits I want to play.

I set the container prompt to randomize. All the included prompts are the same weight.

I then set P_HoldMusic for my output prompt.

When I test the script, it jumps over my container. It doesn't play anything.

Snippets attached.

-Matt

Hi Matt-

The Create Container Prompt step doesn't actually play the prompt to the caller, but rather just defines what will be played.  So, you should be able to set the value of a Play Prompt step to your P_HoldMusic variable and you should be good to go.  Sorry, I should have clarified that.  Cisco didn't name steps in the most intuitive way.  

You could also set a Menu or any other step that allows for a prompt to be played to the Output Prompt.

DJ

Just for anyone else who looks at this discussion...

I added my changes based off of djlundberg's advice. It works perfectly now.

At first, I didn't pay attention and had the container prompt below the Play Prompt step. Then I switched them and it worked perfectly.

-Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: