Helpful
Replies

UCCX Script : Leave audio recording after calling contact center

haouaswajih
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Networkers,

We have UCCX instlled with CUCM.

We would like to have the follwoing feature : a client calls the contact center and when no agent is available (RNA) the client can leave/record a voice message.

Is such feature can be done through scripting ? (we don't have Unity connection, we only have CUCM and UCCX)

Best Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

well, you need to tell UCCX to write the document - use the Write Document step. Like this:

This script creates a file named "recording.wav" in the temp directory on drive C:. Notice the Java convention is used, forward slashes instead of backslashes.

Of course, you may want to use a Set step to dynamically generate the file name ~ the value of the docName variable.

G.

Edit: the image did not appear in the post, needed to upload it again.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Hi Haouas,

Yes, you can use the step called Recording to record audio so is up to you how to handle to call.

Attached a script to use as a reference.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles dando click en las estrellas de mas abajo.

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

yes, actually, this is a commonly requested feature.

You can use the Recording step (prompting the caller to record a message, e.g. "Please record your message after the tone ". This results in a variable of type Document.

Now, you can do the following things with this Document:

- attach it to an email and send it to someone;

- save it as a file (e.g. a Windows share or SFTP);

- upload it into the Prompt repository with a unique name like "20130530.1646.wav"

G.

thanks guys for your help !

very helpful posts really !

ok now i can hear the recorded file, but whith which step I can save it into a folder ? (windows, folder share or sftp ??) using the uccx script ??

I don't want to upload the audio files to the repository of uccx .

Thanks in advance

Thanks for your reply.

Kindly note that we do have uccx v5 so it's not v8.

How to save the prompt into wondows share with uccx 5 please ?

Thanks really.

Wow, you've got a really, really old version.

Anyway, the Windows share document has not been tested with UCCX 5, but it should work.

Alternatively, you can save the Prompt as a File document onto the local hard drive ("c:/dir/file.wav"), however, this is something I don't recommend, as this is a Windows only feature and it will stop functioning when upgrading to 8.x.

G.

In fact we do have almost all version of uccx from 5 to 8.

but this platform that the client want to use is in v5 so we have to deal with it

anyway, i was wondering which step exactly should i use in order to save the prompt as file document to c drive ?

Thanks again.

Basically, you create a File Document and save it to local drive. Use a name like "c:/somedir/somefile.wav".

G.

Ok Gergely,

Please find below a screenshot of mt simple script. Sorry but i am still new in uccx scripting.

I created a document as below, but couldn't find the file in C:\ drive after.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

well, you need to tell UCCX to write the document - use the Write Document step. Like this:

This script creates a file named "recording.wav" in the temp directory on drive C:. Notice the Java convention is used, forward slashes instead of backslashes.

Of course, you may want to use a Set step to dynamically generate the file name ~ the value of the docName variable.

G.

Edit: the image did not appear in the post, needed to upload it again.

Hi Gergly,

it's working fine now

You were very helpful ! really !

thanks a lot

Hello Gergely,

Its been a while since the original post but im stuck at the same problem. i made the exact script you have shared in your screenshot but the file doesnt get created. I get the starting tone when i dial the trigger and message is recorded. But no files get created.

Also can you explain what 'N[1]' is in the record prompt step?

Hi Gergely,

I am recording a file and forwarding it as attachment via email.

Could you please let me know by default where does this recording gets saved, whether this recording will be overwritten, will it utilize space on IVR.

Basically when i am recording a file it is generating a new name everytime, so i think it is creating a new audio file everytime someone records a message; and all these files are getting stored somewhere on IVR.

I am using UCCE 8.0

Thanks & Regards,

Piyush Aghera

Hi.

Unless you don't save it locally or upload to the repository, then it exists in the RAM only (or, may be swapped to a disk, but I doubt it can be referenced as a file).

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: