cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX script to record a prompt

GWaldbin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello-I have script which supposed to record a prompt and save to uccx prompt mgmt. However, this is not happening!!! when I record a prompt, I am unable to replay it and also when I save it I can't find it anywhere. I would appreciate if someone can look into this script and guide me....Thanks for your help

script is attached for your review.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

WriteDocument is not a valid step to use anymore in the newer UCCX releases and infact you should be using Upload Prompt step instead of that. Also, it is important to use Authenticate User step now and only then system will allow to upload the prompts to UCCX

Attached to this post is a working recording script from my lab with all the required prompts for you to use, just upload it to the system. Associate with the application and you are good to go.

You will just need to make two changes to the below steps in this script:

1) On the promptmgmt = Get User (User ID : "derawat") step, change the user to your local user who had admin rights to login into CCX Admin page

2) Just below the above step, you will find the Authenticate User Password (promptmgmt, "cisco") step. Please change the password to the one as per the user that you are using in step 1.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

WriteDocument is not a valid step to use anymore in the newer UCCX releases and infact you should be using Upload Prompt step instead of that. Also, it is important to use Authenticate User step now and only then system will allow to upload the prompts to UCCX

Attached to this post is a working recording script from my lab with all the required prompts for you to use, just upload it to the system. Associate with the application and you are good to go.

You will just need to make two changes to the below steps in this script:

1) On the promptmgmt = Get User (User ID : "derawat") step, change the user to your local user who had admin rights to login into CCX Admin page

2) Just below the above step, you will find the Authenticate User Password (promptmgmt, "cisco") step. Please change the password to the one as per the user that you are using in step 1.

Regards

Deepak

much appreciated Deepak....I will give this a try

You are most welcome Gerome and thanks for marking the Correct Answer.

Regards

Deepak

I just have a question. Why  (on the successful  output in the Get Digit String) you are playing the "BadHangupPrompt". What that prompt does? Wouldn't be more efficient to just send caller to the "CHOOSE MESSAGE" under the "If' step" if that condition is true. I am trying to wrap my mind around that "badPinHangupPrompt". Other that that thanks for the scrip since I am a uccx newbie.

Thank you Deepak.

this script works for UCCX 11.5

but

it saves wav files to folder /en_US/

not for all this is default folder

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: