cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Script will not play Prompt / .wav file

James Carlson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! I had a situation this morning where I needed to insert a prompt / .wav recording file into our main recording, ahead of all other recordings. For some reason, the system will not play it and skips over it every time. From my experience in the past, this is usually an indicator that the file is in the wrong format. But I have verified that it is (screenshot below). When I run a reactive script debug, it simply skips over the prompt every time.

The item in question is the Play Prompt (Internet Outage):

1.jpg

I have it setup just like the other Strings in the script. All of them play normally:

2.jpg

I have also verified that it is in the correct format:

3.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Looks like you found the issue.  Now, to resolve it, change your play prompt value to include the prompt directory name.

From this:

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, InternetOutage)

To this:

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, promptDir + InternetOutage)

EDIT: Since your promptDir variable is marked as Final, you can actually prepend the promptDir on the InternetOutage variable right in the variable pane.

Example:

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Seems like you have experience doing this, so I'm not going to doubt that you know what needs to be done.

How about flipping the Play Prompt radio button for "Continue on Prompt Errors" to false, and then letting the error pop up and see what information that gives you.  Alternatively, you can get the same and more information from the MIVR logs.

Anthony Holloway

Thanks, Anthony.

When I do that, I get the following message:

The only thing that sticks out is that the actual directory where all of the prompts are located (including the InternetOutage.wav prompt) is in the subdirectory ---> \en_us\cfcu

All of the other prompts play, it's just this one. I've verified that it is in the same directory.

Will you upload the .WAV file?

Also - do you need to use a variable for the prompt, or can you browse through the repository to get the value directly? Ex: P[/en_us/cfcu/InternetOutage.wav]

Sure, Brad.

Looks like you found the issue.  Now, to resolve it, change your play prompt value to include the prompt directory name.

From this:

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, InternetOutage)

To this:

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, promptDir + InternetOutage)

EDIT: Since your promptDir variable is marked as Final, you can actually prepend the promptDir on the InternetOutage variable right in the variable pane.

Example:

Anthony Holloway

That did it, Anthony!

Changing the Value in the String Properties from "InternetOutage.wav" -to- "cfcu\InternetOutage.wav" fixed it.

But I'm curious, why does that only apply to this prompt and not the others? Meaning that the others do not have the "cfcu\" in the Value field?

James Carlson wrote:

But I'm curious, why does that only apply to this prompt and not the others? Meaning that the others do not have the "cfcu\" in the Value field?

The prefixing of the prompt dir with a string is something they teach you in the UCCX classes (A and D).  I never did like it, but I get what purpose it serves.

If your prompts are truly in that same folder then you should either see a promptDir + on those variables in the variable pane OR on the Play Prompt* steps themselves.  This is something you have to micro manage in the script.  It's not a default nor global setting.  You manually prepend the directory each time you reference a file.

*Look out for other Prompt/Media steps which can generate new Prompts/play media also

Anthony Holloway

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: