Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Scripting - Early Selection to bypass prompts

jeremiah.cox2
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 12.5 with UCCX 12.0

I am creating a new script. Currently I use prompts for the greeting, date/time announcement, call recording message. The script then verifies the time/date, agent status from CSQ and drops into a menu with five options. Each option relates to an agent team. Everything works fine.

After testing the client wants the providers, option two in the menu to be able to press two at any time to bypass all prompts and be placed in queue for the providers agent team. My prompts are interruptible however it is an any key press and only jumps to the next prompt, meaning the provider needs to press any key times three and then select option two.

How do I make it so if the caller presses two at any point they jump to the menu option two?

7 Replies 7

Are you saying you only want to bypass the prompts if "2" is what the caller presses? That is not as easy as having the prompts be interruptible and letting the call fall through to the menu, which is pretty easy. If you have multiple messages and multiple play prompt steps, you could concatenate all the prompt together and do a single play prompt step. The interruptible part would cause it fall straight to the menu prompt which is what I would consider to be the best behavior for the caller. If the customer forces you to only fall through on a press of 2, you could do a get digit step following the play prompt with a really short timeout. Then check the value after the key press to see if it was a 2 and then goto the appropriate location. If it they pressed something that wasn't a 2, you could goto a location above the play prompt which would replay the message. Again, I would absolutely hate that as a caller.

Yes, the ask was to press two at any point forcing the script to jump directly into the business tree menu option two.

Concatenate the first two prompts into one with; Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, prompt1 + prompt2)

Or, is it better practice to combine the audio files into a single file?

That gets me an any key press past welcome(prompt1) and hours of operation(prompt2), right into call may be recorded, and then the menu where the caller can press two before listening to all options.

You don't need to concatenate the prompts into a single file. You could use a set step to do Set prompt3 = prompt1 + prompt2 and then play prompt3.

Instead of using a separate set step to concatenation you can concatenate directly on the play prompt part of the step where you define what prompt to play.

Response Signature

So that would look like this?    Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, prompt1 + prompt2)

This would be an example from a real life script.

image.png

Response Signature

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For what it's worth, It's called Barge and not Interruptible, and you cannot conditionally barge a prompt.  Barge is either true or false.  So,  you cannot, for example, let them barge if they press 2, but don't let the barge if they press 9.

Also, if you want a few Play Prompt steps to all barge on a single key press, make sure Clear Input Buffer is set to false, so that the key pressed stays in the buffer and causes all subsequent Play Prompt steps to barge immediately.

The best you can do is, like Elliot said, let them barge all the time, and use the Get Digit String step to analyze what is in the buffer (what they pressed during prompt playback), and if it's satisfactory, use a goto to jump to the correct area, and if it's unsatisfactory, use a goto to jump back up and start over.  Optionally, like mentioned by yourself and others, you can place your prompts to be played inside the Get Digit String step, or you can keep them in Play Prompt steps, either way should work fine, it would likely be a matter of preference.

e.g.,

Label The Beginning
Play Prompt (prompt1 + prompt2, barge = true; clear buffer = true) digit_pressed = Get Digit String (p[]; clear buffer = false; input length = 1; retries = 0) Successful
Switch (digit_pressed)
Pressed 2
Goto Option 2 Bypass
Goto The Beginning Timeout Unsuccessful
Day of Week / Time of Day / Agent Check / etc.
Menu ()
Option 2
Label Option 2 Bypass

VS

Label The Beginning
digit_pressed = Get Digit String (prompt1 + prompt2; barge = true; input length = 1; retries = 0) Successful
Switch (digit_pressed)
Pressed 2
Goto Option 2 Bypass
Goto The Beginning Timeout Unsuccessful
Day of Week / Time of Day / Agent Check / etc.
Menu ()
Option 2
Label Option 2 Bypass