Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Scripting error

asheesh.gupta11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

i am having a small script which is like if "you know the desired extension kindly dial or press 0 for operator assistance

but its not working, i am getting welcome prompt but after that no response.

can someone please help me.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

As Jon mentioned earlier, you need to verify your Input Length and Inter-digit Timeout set to on the Get Digit String step. This plays an important role on the script logic. If Input Extension Length is 4 and Operator extension is 0, and if customer tries to reach operator, then system is going to wait for additional digits.If you have Maximum Retries set to 3, the system will play "are you still there message" and it will repeat Get Digit String step and eventually it will execute Timeout or Unsuccessful step.

In order to resolve this issue, you need to update your welcome prompt as "..........to reach operator press 0 followed by #",    as # is terminating digit. In this case the system will immediately dial to the operator extension. Also, you do not need to use Get Digit String twice in the script under IF statement. This may be causing transfer issue as there is no logic after getting the string. 

For your reference, I have corrected and tested your script and attached screenshots with this post.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is going to be mighty difficult to help you with zero technical detail. Let’s see a screenshot of the script for starters.

What happens when you do a reactive debug?

Hi Jonathan

screen shot is attached 

in reactive debug its stopped at party_extension= get digit string

What is the Input Length and Interdigit Timeout set to on the Get Digit String step?
https://developer.cisco.com/docs/contact-center-express/#filter-tab-get-digit-string

The step logic is to wait for a additional digits up to the Input Length and wait for Interdigit Timeout between each digit entered. This would explain why you hear silence or perceive nothing is happening.

Anticipating your next challenge: the step expects exactly the number of digits specified in Input Length. If you set it the Input Length to four (4) and then enter "0" you will hit the Timeout or Unsuccessful branch (run a reactive debug to verify - I can never remember which) instead of Successful. You can compensate for this by adding an If step within the other branch to check for a non-null value and, if true, goto the Successful branch to resume your normal logic with a label.

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Are you only using UCCX? What does the script step look like for press 0 - Is it just a call redirect to a CUCM extension?

Hi Mike

we are using cucm+uccx .

its like for 0 it need to go to csq defined in uccx and for non zero it need to go to the dialed extension defined in cucm.

Hi,

As Jon mentioned earlier, you need to verify your Input Length and Inter-digit Timeout set to on the Get Digit String step. This plays an important role on the script logic. If Input Extension Length is 4 and Operator extension is 0, and if customer tries to reach operator, then system is going to wait for additional digits.If you have Maximum Retries set to 3, the system will play "are you still there message" and it will repeat Get Digit String step and eventually it will execute Timeout or Unsuccessful step.

In order to resolve this issue, you need to update your welcome prompt as "..........to reach operator press 0 followed by #",    as # is terminating digit. In this case the system will immediately dial to the operator extension. Also, you do not need to use Get Digit String twice in the script under IF statement. This may be causing transfer issue as there is no logic after getting the string. 

For your reference, I have corrected and tested your script and attached screenshots with this post.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: