cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Scripting question - Call redirect or subflow

Daniel Gray
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question about a script I am writing.

For simplicity, lets say that my script is as follows:

*****Main Script********

*Start

*Accept

*Play Prompt

*Menu

1 – Queue call to agents in skillset 1 (Direct telephone number 204-555-1001) (Either call a subflow or call redirect)

2 – Queue call to agents in skillset 2 1 (Direct telephone number 204-555-1002) (Either call a subflow or call redirect)

3 – Queue call to agents in skillset 3 (Direct telephone number 204-555-1002) (Either call a subflow or call redirect)

*Terminate

*End

Since each of the menu options will have their own direct telephone number I realize that I need the following:

1) A main script set up as an application with an extension number (and external number)

2) Additional scripts for each menu option, set up as applications with individual extension numbers (and external number)

My question is as follows: for each menu option, is it better to use the call redirect step which will transfer to the specific application’s extension or should I use subflows? Also, if I use subflows, the first step in the script would have to be an “if statement” that checks whether the call has been accepted and if not, the call would have to be accepted. How is this done( I remember reading this somewhere, but can't remember where)?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You don't need additional scripts, you can simply look at the dialed number and use goto step within the script to go to proper logic.

If you do want to break it up use subflow as that will help reporting and not double count the calls as well it will allow you to pass varaible between calls.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You don't need additional scripts, you can simply look at the dialed number and use goto step within the script to go to proper logic.

If you do want to break it up use subflow as that will help reporting and not double count the calls as well it will allow you to pass varaible between calls.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Thanks.  That worked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: