Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX send entered digits to CAD display

Will Pettit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to get a set of numbers (that will be entered by the caller) to show up in the enterprise data fields in CAD.

Scenario would be that the caller would have to enter their customer number (7 digits) and when the call gets put through to an agent it would show as a data field.

I've created a new layout list with an extra field "222 Caller Entered Digits". What I'm not sure is how that layout list links to the agent/application/script.

I've also created a new work flow group as I wanted to just test this on one of our applications.

I was going to use the Get Digit String to collect the info, but then I'm not sure what to do with this. Do I need to use the Set Enterprise Call Info step?

An idiots guide would be most appreciated!

Using UCCX 8.5.

Thanks, Will

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just to clarify, you don't work with user.layout within CDA, you do it within the Script and with the Set Enterprise Info step.  If you modified user.layout within CDA, then yes, you would be making a global change, affecting everyone.

Here's a screenshot to use as a reference:

Note that I would have had to set the variable enterprise_layout (String) in my script somewhere to tell CAD which layout to use.  This way I can use several different layouts in the same script depending on menu options pressed or caller information, etc.  In your case you may only ever use one layout, but I still suggest holding it in a String variable instead of hard coding the value into the Set Enterprise Info step.

Note also that the callers_customer_number (String) would have been set by the Get Digit String step, and now holds the Caller Entered Digits.  The name I used in this field is simply the name of my Enterprise Data Field.  Yours will be representing the one you made for "222 Caller Entered Digits"; just remember to use the name not the display.  No spaces!

I look forward to tomorrow!

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are pretty close.

Yes, you would need to use the Set Enterprise Info Step for two things:

1) To store the Caller Entered Digits in your newly created Enterprise Field.  Use the name of the field which does not have spaces, and use double quotes.  E.g., If you Enterprise field has a name of "my_new_field" and a display name of "My New Field", then it's "my_new_field" you would use in the script editor.  The display name is just what shows up in CAD.

2) To pick which layout CAD will use for the call.  You store this in the same place you store the above, only instead of using a field name you defined, you will use the system defined field: "user.layout" and set that equal to your newly created layout name.

Those two things alone should get you where you need to be.  Also, you didn't need a new workflow group for this, as the workflow group has nothing to do with Enterprise Data.

The document you would need to reference for this kind of stuff is the Cisco Desktop Administrator Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/user/guide/cda85ccxug-cm.pdf

Good luck and happy enterprise data displaying!

Anthony Holloway

Thanks, I'm sure I'm pretty close. Just to clarify step 2). Do I edit the "user.layout" field name, display name, or both so that it matches my new layout name? Would altering this affect all other agents/applications? We've got 10-15 applications and I only want this extra field to show up on one application.

Home time now, so will look at this with fresh eyes tomorrow!

Thanks

Just to clarify, you don't work with user.layout within CDA, you do it within the Script and with the Set Enterprise Info step.  If you modified user.layout within CDA, then yes, you would be making a global change, affecting everyone.

Here's a screenshot to use as a reference:

Note that I would have had to set the variable enterprise_layout (String) in my script somewhere to tell CAD which layout to use.  This way I can use several different layouts in the same script depending on menu options pressed or caller information, etc.  In your case you may only ever use one layout, but I still suggest holding it in a String variable instead of hard coding the value into the Set Enterprise Info step.

Note also that the callers_customer_number (String) would have been set by the Get Digit String step, and now holds the Caller Entered Digits.  The name I used in this field is simply the name of my Enterprise Data Field.  Yours will be representing the one you made for "222 Caller Entered Digits"; just remember to use the name not the display.  No spaces!

I look forward to tomorrow!

Anthony Holloway

All working now, started from scratch, and with a bit more tinkering, got it to work.

Thanks for your help.

High five Will!  Nice going.  I'm sure you're enjoying the feeling of victory this morning.

Anthony Holloway

I get the Enterprise data to work as desired, but it always sends the CAD information to the DEFAULT layout. I do not seem to get it to the NEWLAYOUT I created? I use the ECC tab in the SEDI step but it seems not to have any effect? I have also restarted the associated service. Any input?

I even made a video of the process - http://youtu.be/gWWuB4bVpoc 

I am pleased to give you full credit for helping us all figure out where this is in error!  Do you include the layout field in the CAD push out?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Peter Buswell (aka DrVoIP)
http:/drvoip.com/blog

this is Version 8.5 UCCX ONLY, no IVR or UCCE

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Perhaps there is a typo in the name of the layout?  When you get a chance, could you post a screenshot of the relevant script parts, as well as CDA?

Anthony Holloway

There is a screen shot attached to my post above, of the SEDI, Desktop Aministrator, CAD - all work except that the data specified in teh SEDI is sent to the default layout! 

I have attached the CS_Layout

Peter,

I didn't notice your screenshot earlier.  I just took a look, and unfortunately you left out the part of your layout where you define the name.  Can you retake the layout screenshot but this time don't crop the name field out.

Anthony Holloway

v.nguyen1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Will ,

can you please post the sample script that you had working . Thanks

Vin

Ok, My descriptions have changed since the first post, as I started from scratch.

In CDA, I have a field called RTX with a display name of CPCC_Layout (and set to scaler)

In layouts, I have one called CPCC with my field above in the selected group.

In UCCX Editor, I've got a Expanded Call Variable (Settings menu) with a name of user.layout, type scalar.

I don't have anything in the General tab of the Set Enterprise Call Info step, and hopefully you can see from the pictures the other info.

I've just tested it and I need to tweak the name as it is showing a different display name from when I first set it up(?), but this should hopefully show what's needed.

Looks great Will!  Except you don't need the step of going in the Editor > Settings > ECC and adding a variable.  That's for Enterprise use when working with IP-IVR.

Anthony Holloway

Thanks Anthony, I'd probably read somewhere I needed it, but as it was working I was happy . I'll remove it and test it again. I've been using that caller input number to append to web links in the voice contact work flows, which is working well. Thanks again for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: