Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX session-id as a call variable

YAARUB F. MILAD
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I am wondering if it is possible to add the call session id as a call variable in UCCX 

we want to leverage that for ticketing purposes. if that is possible please share a doc

8 Replies 8

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
1 - Use GetContactInfo, and define Session: into a variable, type Session.
2 - Use GetSessionInfo and define identifier: into a variable, type Long.

You now have both variables for the session and ID.

Thanks.

Hello Mike

I know this is long ago, but I am trying to get the SessionID in my script

Step 1 is clear, but for step 2, what do you mean by define identifier?

You have an example/screen shot/script?

Thank you

JH

I believe my dumbed down version is easirer to follow.  Create the two variables Session and Identifier of the correct type.

Session type variable accepts an array from UCCX.  You then split the Identifier item off to the Identifier long variable for your purpose.

Sorry if not 100% correct terms.  Not a real programmer here

First create the two variables of the correct type.

I believe Mike is communicating...

1. Add GetContactInfo step and configure it to assign Attribute Name "Session:" to prior defined variable Session.
2. Add GetSessionInfo step to assign Attribute Name "Identifier:" to prior defined variable Identifier.

Configure this skeleton and it is self explanatory when you look at the properties and configure the steps.

Update:  I still need this information, but will pass it to ServiceNow REST POST table API.  ServiceNow conveniently returns the Call ID created in the new_call table.

Hello George

Thanks, i was struggling with "Identifier"

It was right in front of me, now I get it

Way too hot in my country (40C)

Thanks!!

Sure.  This might be syntax to keep things clean and correct in regards to variables or some convention.  I can't claim my variables are clean and consistent and would not want to show any more than that.  I can say changing those names a bit might make the explanation more easy to follow, but again, might not be so clean in the final script.  Thanks for the forum and responses.

George Paxson
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the info.  I need to do the same thing.  Send session in email to match up with UCCX call detail records.  Dumbed down

Create variable Type: Session called SESSION in my case.  Create variable IDENTIFIER type long.  GetContactInfo to assign Session: to SESSION.  Get Session Info to assign Identifier: to IDENTIFIER.  IDENTIFIER in email can now be matched to call report.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? That said, I usually use ImplementationID as my key for UCCX sessions. That corresponds to the CM call leg identifier. It makes it easy to identify sessions and carry information around if the same original call gets transferred between UCCX applications.

I just simply want to send the session ID to Service Now in email or some other way to match SNOW calls with UCCX calls.  So call time, agentid, and session id are sent and generate SNOW calls.  Thanks.  UCCX is sending the email with the information correct now.  Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: