Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Skills Based Routing using DNIS to set skill

luke.maxwell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am deploying a UCCX 11.5 solution and have the following requirement for one of the departments, but I can't see the best way of achieving what I need.

They have around 45 different DDI numbers for which they want to be able to individually assigned to agents based on skills. These calls will all hit the same group of agents.

My script allows the call to pull information from an XML file such as 'Line Name', 'DDI Number', 'CSQ' and 'priority'.

This is used to determine the trigger number called and pull the relevant details for that call into the script and assign to the most skilled agent based on that CSQ.

I had initially created 45 CSQ's each mapped to an individual skill by the same name, but when I assigned to my agents there is a limit of 25 CSQs per agent so I can't assign all the CSQ's to the agents.

I can assign 50 skills to and agent and 50 skills to a single CSQ but then how do I flag the script the call is for a particular skill set/DDI line/trigger?

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So, do you your agents need to handle calls across all of the CSQs?

If so, what is the real driver for this setup?  If the agents need to see specific information about where the call came from you can populate Finesse variables based on the DDI called and there should be no reason to need separate CSQs for it. 

Thanks for responding Chris.

They currently have the ability to match any skill for any queue/line to any agent which we were looking to replicate.

We are going to group these into CSQs with 3 - 4 lines each, the only issue then is reporting but it looks like i can customize the application summary report to include the line numbers/name where the calls presented and using my xml pull we can still present data for the calling company name/number into Finesse so i think we have a workable alternative setup.

You can still do individual CSQ per agent, what I don't understand is why an agent would need to be assigned to all other individual CSQs as that would cause you to run into potential limit per agent.

If each CSQ would have a primary agent and then some backup agents, then the question is how many backup CSQs does an agent need to belong to? If many then perhaps creating separate overflow CSQ might be a better idea and change your script to have nested "select resource" steps to escalate the call to overflow CSQ when no agents are available in the individual CSQ.