cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX skills question

Amine Nouasri
Level 3
Level 3

I am having a hard time understanding the logic UCCX uses to select an agent based on Most Skilled. Here is my scenario:

Agent Skills

Agent A= SK-Queue1(10), SK-Queue2(1), SK-Queue3(1),SK-Queue4(1)

Agent B= SK-Queue1(9), SK-Queue2(10), SK-Queue3(10),SK-Queue4(9)

Agent C= SK-Queue1(9), Queue2(10), SK-Queue3(10),SK-Queue4(9)

Agent D= SK-Queue1(1), SK-Queue2(9), SK-Queue3(9),SK-Queue4(10)

Queues

Queue1= SK-Queue1, Competence=2

Queue2= SK-Queue2, Competence=2

Queue3= SK-Queue3, Competence=2

Queue4= SK-Queue4, Competence=2

My  issue is Agent B and Agent C are always listed first under Queue1 when I  do Show Ressources and I am trying to get Agent A get the call first if  he is ready.

Same for Queue4. Agent B and Agent C are listed first and I am trying to get Agent D answer the call first.

My  understanding is when I select only one Skill (SK-Queue1 for Queue1 as  an example), the system will select the most skilled agent and not  consider the total. If this not correct how can I make this to work?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Amine,

I know that value returned 0, because I was the one who suggested to check that in the first place.

Now from the screenshot you posted I can see that sCSQ will be Sales or Service, but there has to be further treatment to this variable, thats why we asked you to check the state of that variable once you are on the get reporting statistics step on the reactive debug.

Because in the get reporting statistics step its checking for Logged in (not to be confused with ready) agents from sCSQ variable (this can be checked only for a valid CSQ name) and then putting the value of logged in agents in variable iLoggedInAgents.

Now since you want to be too secure and did not upload the full script as i recommended in my first post, I would appriciate if you can do a debug till get reporting step and then check sCSQ variable.

Regards,
Chuck

Please rate helpful posts and identify correct answers.

View solution in original post

From the screenshot you've showed us, sCSQ is not holding your BMWsvc CSQ name.  Therefore, you are troubleshooting the wrong CSQ.

Can you explain, where in your script, you are referencing the "BMWsvc" CSQ name?  Is it even in the script at all?

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi and thank you for your excellent questions.

First, the resource report for a CSQ is listed alphabetically, not by skills level.

Second, you are correct in your understanding about Queue1 and Skill1.  The system will not even consider the Agent's other skill levels.

If you have more questions, just ask.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony, thanks for the quick answer!

It makes more sense that the CSQ report lists the agents in the alphabetical order.

I am still unable to get the agents to take calls the way I want.

Assuming the client is reporting this correctly, Agent B and Agent C are getting calls first in Queue1 and I want Agent A to be offered the call first. His Skill is set to 10 in Queue1 which should make it works.

If this doesn't make sense, I can reproduce the issue and confirm the behavior the client is reporting.

I'm sorry to be so bold, but that is impossible.  If your client's system is in fact setup exactly as you have described here, and working properly*, then Agent A would be considered before Agents B and C for Queue 1 calls.

Can you take some screenshots, sanitize the output for anonymity, and then show us how the Queues and Agents are skilled?

*I say working properly, because there are some failure scenarios that could change the routing.  For an extreme example, if calls coming into Queue 1 are on Trigger 1 which is on CCG 1, and CCG 1's CSS cannot reach Agent A's DN PT, then calls to Queue 1 will never reach Agent A.

Anthony Holloway

I was able to reproduce this issue and it turned out that Agent A and Agent D are not getting calls offered at all. For example, if Agent A is the only person logged in and ready, the system behaves like no agents are available and the script xfers the call to the operator right away.

I deleted/recreated agent A but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated!

Chakshu Piplani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Plz attach a printable report (by clicking "open a printable repot") for all d four CSQs and all the four agents..

I also want to check resourse selection criteria..most skilled or most skilled by wieght...

The screenshots will get us clear picture to help u on this.

Also attach the script there might be a condition if no. Of agents logged in < 2 then redirect to operator ..etc

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

techs
Level 1
Level 1

This is an issue that I have seen before and still have not found an answer to....It seems that when you have an agent attached to a skill that is configured on a CSQ and that skill level is BELOW the specified competence level, the CSQ does not show ANY users Logged in under Real Time Reporting. I know it doesn't make sense but I have had this issue in Version 7, 8 and now 9. All users associated to a skill that is associated to a CSQ MUST have a skill level equal to or higher than the competency level of that CSQ.... Let me know if anyone else sees something different.

Sorry, your issue based on your description doesn't match what I am experiencing here. My Agent A is the most skilled in CSQ1 but he doesn't get calls offered to him at all either he was logged in first or not. I will post screenshots shortly.

Amine Nouasri
Level 3
Level 3

Here are the screenshots regarding this issue. I took as an example CSQ1 which it refers to BMWsvc CSQ in the screenshot.

Agent M..... is what I was refereeing earlier in thread as Agent A

Agent B...... is Agent B

and Agent D..... is Agent C

If someone can point out why Agent A (M....) doesn't get a called offered at all even though his Skill level is set to 10, or please let me know you need more information.

Hi Amine,

The config as per the screenshots looks perfect !!

At this time I would like you to perform the following action plan:

Logout the agents B and D, leaving only M logged in.

Do a reactive debug to the script, and use step over button, once it gets passed the "get reporting statistic" step, check the value in "iLoggedInResources" variable and check if it gets the value 1.

If its getting the value 0, the call will then go operator.

1 should select the resource M and if M is in ready state the call should ring on his IPCC extension.

Update me with your findings..

Regards,
Chuck

The configuration of your Agents looks fine.  However, your script logic lacks sufficient information to determine if it's correct.  We'll need to see what value sCSQ is holding at the time of the Get Reporting Statistics step is executed.  Could you do a reactive debug, and pause on the Get Reporting Statistics step, and then screen shot the variable sCSQ?

Anthony Holloway

I agree with Anthony here, it might be going to a different CSQ.

Regards,
Chuck

Amine Nouasri
Level 3
Level 3

After running a step by step debug, I confirmed the script is working properly and the issue is with agent A.

I had only agent A logged in, ran a step-by-step debug and checked the iLoggedInRessources variable and it returned 0. Consequently, the script matched the False statement and the call was transfered to the operator.

When agent B was logged in only, the variable returned 1 and the call went to Select Service Resources section and the call was offered to the agent.

I have already recreated Agent A. Any idea about what to do next?

Hi Amine,

At this point I'm very sure that its going to another CSQ.

As per the screenshots:

CSQ:BMWsvc has a skill (svc-BMW) with minimum competency 2.

Agent M skills svc-BMW=10,svc-HONDA=1,svcMAZDA=1,svc-VW=1

As per my understanding (I'm assuming here, I might be incorrect) your other CSQs, HONDAsvc,MAZDAsvc,VWsvc also have minimum competency as 2 (or above) for there respective skills.

And since Agent M has competency as 1 for HONDA,MAZDA,VW which makes him NOT to be a part of

HONDAsvc,MAZDAsvc,VWsvc.

The reason system stated logged in resources to be 0 for that CSQ is because from steps in your script the the chosen CSQ is HONDA,MAZDA or VW for which Agent M is not a part of because its 2 (or above) for the rest of the CSQs.

At this point do another re-active debug and put the screenshot of "sCSQ" variable once it has reached the step "get reporting statistic".

Please let me know that was the issue so that I can sleep in peace.

Regards,
Chuck

Chuck,

the cCSQ is just a variable used to set if it is a Sales or a Service call based on the incoming call number. It sends the call to the corresponding code in the script. I ran a debug again and it returns the value "service".

Keep in mind that debug for Agent M... returned iLoggedInRessource 0 and this is what causing the problem. The system for some reason don't consider this Agent as ready. The same debug returned 1 for Agent B.... and I do see the call offered to him. I reviewed the phone/end user config for agent M..... and still don't see why is not offered calls.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: