cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX, Soical Miner and QM upgrade

aneesh.abraham
Level 1
Level 1

we are planning to upgrade our contact center applications and call manager. the current applications are as below,

UCCX - 10.6.1 upgrading to 11.6.2

QM 10.5.1 upgrading to 11.5.1

Socialminer -10.6.1 upgrading to 11.6.2

CUCM - 10.5.1 upgrading to 11.5.1

we plan to do the upgrade in two phases, first will be UCCX and social miner. since QM has dependency on CUCM version QM will be upgraded with CUCM in the second phase.  

my question is when UCCX is upgraded to 11.6 how I can keep QM 10 license in UCCX 11.6. or should I upgrade all applications together.

appreciate any help on this

4 Replies 4

Jinto Alakkal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

As the QM software is compatible with the version you are upgrading to you need to get new version licenses in advance using Existing server MAC address (The MAC address won't change during an upgrade, if you use the same platform), this way when you add new version licenses you have QM also available.

Thanks!

Jinto.

Thanks for the reply..

so in this case I have to install only UCCX 11.5 license , QM 10.5 will work (as far as licenses are concerned)  and after the QM upgrade QM license should be upgraded to 11.5. Am I correct here. 

Thanks for the reply..

so in this case I have to install only UCCX 11.5 license , QM 10.5 will work (as far as licenses are concerned)  and after the QM upgrade QM license should be upgraded to 11.5. Am I correct here. 

Hi,

QM licenses are add on components in UCCX license file. When you request the new license files for version 11.5 request license files for the QM component as well using the existing MAC, as QM 10.5 is compatible with this version of UCCX it will still work with the new rehosted licenses. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/118924-technote-uccx-00.html

Thanks!

Jinto.