cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Subflow Issue

LisaH
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue with a Subflow. My script calls a Subflow that checks to see if a temporary message has been enabled and if it is it should play a recorded message. The temporary message is active but the script sees it as a false and proceeds to the next part of the script. I am sure there is a mismatch with a name or the set command between the parent script and the subflow but after staring at it for some time, I have not been able to figure out the problem.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Lisa

7 Replies 7

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First up, don't put the Accept step in your subflow.  It's not needed, and actually prevents you from Active Debugging your subflow independently of the parent script.

Here's a little trick I use, in subflows (at the top) for subflow testing, when my subflow needs input mappings from a parent script:

trigger_type = Get Trigger Info (Type)
If ("Remote Debugging Trigger".equals(trigger_type))
  True
    /* We are Active Debugging */

PS That variable: trigger_type is a String

If you don't need to pass in any parameters, and instead are just pulling them out, then you can skip that tip, and just remove the Accept step from your subflow and begin testing with F10 on your keyboard.

So, what does an Active debug of the subflow show you?

Hi Anthony,

First of all, thanks for the quick response. I have been banging my head on a wall trying to figure out what I am missing. If I remove the accept step, will it allow me to debug the subflow? I was trying to figure out how to see what is occuring when the parent script hits the subflow. 

Lisa

You will be able to debug the subflow, but Active Debugging, not Reactive Debugging. If you don't know the difference, let me know, we can walk through it. But basically, just open the subflow file in the Editor (be signed in too, not anonymous), and then start pressing F10 on your keyboard to execute each step one at a time.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you so much for helping out. I had no idea I could use F10 to step through the sub flow. I was able to find the issue in my flow and fix it and now it validates. The parent script is still not seeing the active announcement so I have to be missing something. I have the parent script, a script that activates the message and a sub flow that checks to see if the message is active. They all validate and I see that the temp msg is active but I must be missing something. I have added the activate screen to the screen shot.

I was able to figure out the issue. It was a few caps where it should have been lower case and I had to edit the output on my parent script.

Thanks again for leading me in the right direction!

Lisa

HI Anthony,

Is it possible can you upload an example to call the flow. 

here is what i got, is this right? 

That looks correct.  Just put your test cases, if any, in the True branch, or if you're interacting with a Contact, put those in the False branch.

For example:

If your subflow gets passed a CSQ name, then when you debug it, you'll need to use a Set step in the True branch to simulate what value might be passed in.

If your subflow plays a prompt to the triggering contact, then you'll need to put that in the False branch so that it doesn't fail the Active debug, since their is no triggering contact in an active debug.

With that said, you only need the Get Trigger Info step once at the top, but you might need to sprinkle your If steps throughout the script, it just depends on how many conditionally executed sections of code you have, based on whether a real call exists, or if you're debugging.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: