Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX supervisor desktop screen flashes

Dear all,

My customer has Cisco Supervisor application. However, the screen info flashes constantly, especially the part of the windows where Agents are shown on the left side. This maked is very difficult to keep watching the screen.

Is there a way to tune the refresh rate, or is this behaviour an indication of another issue?

Any help is welcome, as my troubleshooting skills on UCCX are still very limited.

The UCCX version running is 8.0.2.

Many thanks,

Juan

10 Replies 10

thomascollins
Level 3
Level 3

We had the same problem.  This is fixed in SU1.  Although SU2 is out now, so you should apply that and it will fix the flashing problem.

Also be aware this behavior, at least the agents flashing part, has been a known symptom of ports being blocked by a firewall between CAD/CSD and the server. You may want to check this out as well: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3047254#3047254

Hi Jonathan, Thomas,

many thanks for your feedback.

I will first have the customer verify if some port blocking is happening on the PC.

If this is not the case, I will update the servers (active and standby) to the SU1.

Is it correct to say that once the servers will be upgraded, all agents will upgrade their CAD/CSD from the moment they launch the client application?

Thanks a lot for the valuable feedback,

Juan

I would suggest moving to 8.0(2)SU2 instead. Yes, Auto Update will occur for CAD/CSD.

Angel Ramirez
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue with a customer.  This is true, making sure that ports are not blocked but I still had this problem after upgrading to SU1.  Found out that issue was due to not all CAD/CSD did not update.  We checked the versions and found that they were not updated.

We had to uninstall and reinstall CAD/CSD on clients that needed update.

Hope this helps.

Angel

Thanks for your input on this issue. I had the same issue going from 8.0(2) to 8.0(2)SU2. PC support has to log in to every PC remotely and launch CAD so that it will upgrade under admin rights. There were a handful that never requested the CAD upgrade after the UCCX upgrade. These were the ones that were flashing in CSD. PC support had to uninstall CAD and reinstall it. They then launched it at which point it did request the upgrade. After this the agent no longer was flashing in CSD. One thing I noticed when uninstalling CAD is that there was already a CAD SR installed. We had to uninstall this as well. I don't know if this was not present on the PCs that immediately requested the upgrade or not. This may be the reason CAD didn't request the upgrade upon initial launch after the upgrade.

Thanks,
Mark

subash cobi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm have the same issue i has runining on UCCX 8.0(2) and now upgrade the UCCX 8.0(2)SU2. But the issue is still there.

I notice the CSD was not updated to the new version. I then uninstalled it and reinstalled the CSD, and ensure the CSD is on the new version. But then after, the issue still happens.

And based on the UCCX 8.0 list of port required(link below). I don't see port 59000.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/configuration/guide/uccx801putil.pdf

I notice on UCCX 7.X port 59000 is used for Cobra Chat service and on UCCX 8.0 Cobra chat service is using 3001.

Does this mean we do not require port 59000 on uccx 8.X

I have test port 3001 is able to by telnet to the uccx server ip address from CSD's PC.

What else should i look into.

Thanks.

The issue for us was as Angel had suggested. Not all CAD PCs upgraded after the upgrade. They worked as far as CAD is concerned, but the agent on those PCs would flash on the CSD screen until we manually upgraded them. Some we had to remove completely and reinstall.

Mark

We had the same issues with our 7.0 to 8.5 upgrade, and again with our 8.5 to 8.5 SU2 upgrade.  Not fun.

subash cobi
Level 1
Level 1

I have checked and yes, all the Agent's CAD was on a earlier version. Just got all the Agent's to re-install the CAD.

Will check with the supervisor if this solved the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: