cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Switch Version Time Frame

Joe Price
Level 1
Level 1

It would be nice if Cisco would put a Timer to indicate how long a switch version is going to take during an upgrade.  It can't be any harder then the spinning "/" sign.

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It would be rather difficult as the timer depends on many factors including hardware type, database size, etc, etc. Hence this is probably why it's not there.

I'm sure with proper calculations this can be achieved.  Two words come to mind...Maintenance Window.  How do I know my "switch version" process is not going to exceed my maintenance window?  A timer won't prevent this but it would at least give me time to alert the proper authorities and decision makers.

i'm interested in the time that it takes for this as well.  seems to taking quite a while and the // just keep moving

I agree if there was just an estimated time of how long it could possibly be like if your database size is greater than or less than this size and such. Sort of like Chris said it really depends on factors I am doing a update this weekend and it would be nice to know around the time it would complete

just fyi, it ended taking roughly 45 minutes for the switch version to complete.  now on to the CCX subscriber and have it switch version =/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: