cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - Testing 'Day Hours' at Night

the Q
Level 1
Level 1

I don't want to experiment with our UCCX set up during the day, but at night I'd like to test features without editing the times in the scripts.  The calls go to 'closed' treatment though.  Is there a way to test daytime call handling after hours?

What I'm hoping for is a place to specify the emulated time, and a CallerID to allow the call in, so the Call Center is now wide open at night.

What time do you want to emulate for testing? ............................... 3 PM.

Which calling number (caller ID) should be allowed?  ..................... 616-555-1212

How long would you like this emulation to stay open (minutes)? .... 15

-> Emulation active. 

-> For inbound caller 616-555-1212 the call center will behave like it's 3PM. 

-> make sure you have the necessary agents logged in to receive calls

-> Emulation will end in 14:53 (countdown)

Is there anything like this? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For most of my scripts, I've created a "BusinessHoursBypass" variable as a parameter normally set to false.  When I need to test after hours, I simply check the box, change the variable to true, then there's an IF statement in the script that checks this value and bypasses the time of day step and proceeds with "open for business" call processing.  No script changes needed, just have to remember to uncheck the box and update the application to set things back to normal.

If you need to make sure no other calls come in while your doing your after hours testing, you could add another IF after the "BusinessHoursBypass" check to confirm the calling number is what you expect, if not follow the closed treatment. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

seanvaid
Level 3
Level 3

Why not just edit the script? Edit a copy to send closed step to open treatment. Switch it over at night and switch back before morning. 

This would be the easiest way in my mind. I always have a test application configured so I can test scripts whenever I need. 

I guess you could mess around with time zones too, but surely that's messy and unnecessary.  

For most of my scripts, I've created a "BusinessHoursBypass" variable as a parameter normally set to false.  When I need to test after hours, I simply check the box, change the variable to true, then there's an IF statement in the script that checks this value and bypasses the time of day step and proceeds with "open for business" call processing.  No script changes needed, just have to remember to uncheck the box and update the application to set things back to normal.

If you need to make sure no other calls come in while your doing your after hours testing, you could add another IF after the "BusinessHoursBypass" check to confirm the calling number is what you expect, if not follow the closed treatment. 

I was hoping Cisco had some way to do this, and I guess they don't.  But I like your solution k.Davis. 

Maybe I could assign one or two CallerIDs to act like 'business hours' during closed hours.  Then there are no edits at all for testing at night. 

Any suggestions on the best way to do this?  I'm fairly new to UCCX scripting. 

thanks

Cisco has a dev license you can buy that is cheap fyi includes a ccx server and agent license.  This is what I use for testing vs my production.

Thanks for that, rwalker.

>> "why not just edit the script?"

a. Because they have a habit of not being returned to their exact previous state.

b. Because then can get corrupt.

c. Because they can collect the occasional mis-typed characters.

d. Because they can get accidentally left in the edited form.

e. Because there's no audit trail of the state they were in, either while edited, or before edited.

f.  It's not easy to flip back and forth between testing and production for iterative testing.

g. Because in iterative testing, the changes may not be consistent.

h. Because multiple cases and edits may be required (time, phone number, TUI options) and again, this is terrible for iterative testing.

i.  Because it's 'hacky'.

I speak from coding experience.  I've worked with or modified over a million lines of code for several financial institutions.  There is a small risk every time you edit code.  Once you've been in the hot-seat you'll appreciate maintaining a high degree of control.  You never want it to happen again.

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As mentioned by Sean, simply create a test application and modify the script/logic that you want to test in such a way that night hours should be treated as work and vice versa. Save a copy of the production script with some other name make the required changes, upload it to UCCX and assign it to the test Application and you should be set

Regards

Deepak

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: