Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Unified CM Telephony Subsystem out of service

Jamil Hussain
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco Support Team

I am facing very weired issue.I have a Auto Attendant configure on UCCX.I created a script for that everything was working fine but few days back i got a problem with Auto Attendant When i check and found that Unified CM Telephony Subsystem out of service  after that i restart the service from UCCX and its start working fine.But again after some time the problem happend again.

I have cisco unified communication manager version 7.1.5 and also UCCX 7.

After restarting its starts working but again after few hours problem is coming back.

how i can completely solve this issue.Almost every day it happend and i have to restart the service.

Kindly need expert advice on it.Waiting for a reply

Thanks

23 Replies 23

Hi Jamil,

Good to know that CM Telephony subsystem is changed from Out_Of_Service to Partial_Service.

From the snapshots the application users looks to be fine.

Can you please check if the CTI ports are created in both the CUCM's and there states, and also check the CTI Route ponits in both UCCX and CUCM Pub\sub.

I would suggest you to please restart the UCCX and CUCM boxes once (in maintainance hours), if you still see partial service than please attach the snapshots (from CUCM CTI ports\ Route Points)  and also UCCX MIVR logs one more time, we will see what is causing it to go to Partial service.

Do you have any Route points in Disabled state, if so enable it because this also causes CM Telephony to go to Partial service.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate all the helpful posts by clicking on the stars below each of the right answers !!

Dear Anand

As per your suggestion I restarted both the machine UCCX and publisher and subscriber.Again Unified CM Telephony Subsystem is out of service,

I have attached the recent logs taken just now mivr logs.

Regards,

Jamil Hussain

Dear Anand

Also i checked the CTI Ports and CTI Route points its showing me registered.

Attached is the snapshot of cti ports and cti route point.

Hi Jamil,

1918: Apr 13 18:09:19.202 AST %MIVR-SS_TEL-2-SS_PARTIAL_SERVICE:JTAPI subsystem in partial service: Failure reason=A number of route points are OOS - RP[num=3320], RP[num=3330], RP[num=3340]; A number of CTI ports are OOS - TPG[id=0,state=PARTIAL_SERVICE]:Ports[3311, 3310, 3312, 3313]

I am unable to understand why you are existing Route points and CTI ports are going to OOS (Out OF Service).

As a test purpose will you be able to create another CCG (call control group) with 2-3 CTI ports and a CTI Route Point to your AA application and use this RP to trigger for it.

If it of urgent priority request you to open a TAC case paralley so that you will get some immediate resolution\workarounds if any for this sort of issue.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

Dear Anand

i created the new Call control group with 4 pots and DN's are 3200 , 3201 , 3202 and 3203.

But when i checked the MIVR file i found the below error message .

3284: Apr 13 19:37:57.033 AST %MIVR-SS_TEL-7-UNK:calculateSubsystemState -> subsystem partial in service, cause: A number of CTI ports are OOS - TPG[id=1,state=PARTIAL_SERVICE]:Ports[3201, 3200]

3285: Apr 13 19:37:57.033 AST %MIVR-SS_TEL-2-SS_PARTIAL_SERVICE:JTAPI subsystem in partial service: Failure reason=A number of CTI ports are OOS - TPG[id=1,state=PARTIAL_SERVICE]:Ports[3201, 3200]

i did not assigned any trigger to it.

i also attached the MIVR Log file for recent Call Control Group for you more detail.

Thanks alot for your reply.

Regards

That OOS might indicate a lot of things, device restart, network issue, etc.

Are you sure the JTAPI library is in sync on both the CUCM and UCCX?

G.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Jamil,

Coul you please ensure that these CTI ports and Route Point DN's are unique in CUCM i.e. same DN is not used by any mutiple parameters.

and also, make sure that these CTI ports and Route points are in associated devies list for the JTAPI application user in CUCM

MIVR-SS_TEL-1-ModuleRunTimeFailure

Search for the MIVR-SS_TEL-1-ModuleRunTimeFailure string in the trace file. This exception usually occurs when the JTAPI       subsystem is unable to initialize any ports.

Cause

The CRA server can communicate with the Cisco CallManager, but is       unable to initialize any CTI ports or CTI route points through JTAPI. This       error occurs if the CTI ports and CTI route points are not associated with the       JTAPI user.

Resolution

Check the JTAPI user on the Cisco CallManager, and verify that CTI       ports and CTI route points that are configured on the CRA server are associated       with the user.

Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/jtapi-startup.html#oos

Hope it helps.

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Dear Anand

The problem is not resolved yet still facing same issue.

I unassociated the CTI Ports and CTI Route points and also restart the publisher and subscriber node.

Still facing the same issue. I checked the directory number configuration in CUCM there is no duplicate DN’s.

Regards,

Jamil Hussain

Hi Jamil,

One last trial we will do,

1. please try creating a new JTAPI application user one more time and restart both UCCX and CUCM.

2. I would request you to please upgrade it to the latest available SR in this 7.x series and check once.

if it still doesnt resolve the issue, please open a TAC case for further troubleshooting.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on the srtas below each of the right answers !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: