Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - Update eMail Configuration

Jesse3620
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I may just be overcautious, but I want to be extra careful when making changes on UCCX. My question is: can I update the Mail Server field under UCCX admin > Subsystems> eMail Configuration to a different fqdn while in production? 

We're being asked to repoint our mail server to another because they're decommissioning it, and I just wanted to make sure this change is as low risk as I think it is. 

This will not change the license MAC, correct? I checked and noticed updating SMTP server via OS admin page will alter the lic MAC. But the change I want to do should be safe? Also, does anyone know offhand, if I'll need to restart any services? 

Thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm confident this doesn't change the license, but I wouldn't do this during production hours. You might have to restart the Tomcat specially if you have to deal with any certificate issues.

david

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

I'm confident this doesn't change the license, but I wouldn't do this during production hours. You might have to restart the Tomcat specially if you have to deal with any certificate issues.

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: