cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Upgrade from 11.6.2 to 12.5(SU3) Failing

Robert-Kubinski
Level 1
Level 1

I am upgrading from 11.6.2 to 12.5(SU3), and all the cop files took on both the PUB and SUB. I was also able to get the 12.5 image file downloaded and installed successfully on both servers, however when I go to switch versions, I get an error stating that the SUB isn't ready for the upgrade on the PUB side.

I tried breaking tearing down and rebuilding replication on both nodes, as well as trying to restart both servers.

I'm lost on how to get this command to work? I have attached screenshots of what I have.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yup, I tried on the SUB in one of the images to check to make sure it puts out the right error, which it did. The PUB though says the SUB isn't ready, which is really weird. 

I did come across "utils os secure permissive > This will allow the upgrade to continue without any restrictions" so I will be trying this tonight.

View solution in original post

Robert-Kubinski
Level 1
Level 1

I can confirm that running the command "utils os secure permissive" allowed the switch version commands to work on both the PUB and SUB.

The upgrade completed without any issues after I ran it.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

mbieyasid
Level 1
Level 1

Have you already switched versions on Publisher first and finish?
you must switch version publisher first and then next subcribber.

Yup, I tried on the SUB in one of the images to check to make sure it puts out the right error, which it did. The PUB though says the SUB isn't ready, which is really weird. 

I did come across "utils os secure permissive > This will allow the upgrade to continue without any restrictions" so I will be trying this tonight.

You need TAC help on this. Something is stuck in your system and the Publisher doesn’t know that the Subscriber is updated.

Response Signature

11.6 is no longer supported by TAC as of April 2024, which is why I'm here.

Sorry to say this, but then you have a real issue. It is very important to not let the system fall into a state that you're in. Let’s hope someone in the community can help you out here. However based on the information provided I still believe that you’ll need TAC assistance with this.

Response Signature

I am a new hire and had no time to avoid this issue, so I would apricate it if you could not make assumptions, if you have anything beyond call TAC I might be able to try, I would love to hear your solutions.

As I previously have stated, TAC is out of the question due to the product version no longer being supported.

You are moving to a supported version, so using TAC is not out of the question. I just did this upgrade for a customer and needed some assistance because of a replication bug. I had to install the following COP files to get the upgrade to work as well.

ciscouccx.1162.1251SU3PREUPGRADE.51.cop.sgn
ucos.keymanagement.v01.cop.sgn

There are several points in the upgrade process where you need to pause and let replication get established. Prior to running the upgrade, check the output of "utils dbreplication runtimestate" and "utils uccx dbreplication". If you have to repair anything, it takes quite a while for things to catch up. You also need to check the replication status after running the upgrade on subscriber but prior to the switch version.

In addition to that, there are other checks to run after replication has completed prior to the switch version. Check the output of "utils uccx switch-version db-check". Also, run this sql command on both publisher and subscriber to make sure the row count is the same. "run uccx sql db_cra select count(*) from agentstatedetailsnapshot". If your system is busy, you need to run that as close to simultaneously as possible. If the row count is not the same, try this repair command "utils uccx dbreplication repair db_cra". That can take several hours to complete. Don't attempt the switch version until the row counts are the same, or it will likely fail at step 7 of 9 in the switch version.

I did add the cop files, they are in the active version of the screenshots I have on the post.

Replication came back as good at each step of the way. I even did a teardown and setup to ensure that it was 100% good to go, but still no luck.

Also TAC was out of the question, it was the 1st thing I did was make a case when I encountered the bug, and they pointed me here.

Robert-Kubinski
Level 1
Level 1

I can confirm that running the command "utils os secure permissive" allowed the switch version commands to work on both the PUB and SUB.

The upgrade completed without any issues after I ran it.