Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX upgrade from 11.6.x to 12.5.1

Hi Team,

I am looking to upgrade the UCCX (HA Setup) from version 11.6.x to 12.5.1. I have reviewed the below upgrade guide for 12.5.1. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_12_5/install/guide/uccx_b_125install-and-upgrade-guide/uccx_b_125install-and-upgrade-guide_chapter_011.html#task_67CEFFA34C37BF7882A5206F2BE7D3A3

However, I would like to clarify the below details as in the upgrade guide it is not clear.

1. Upgrade the first node to 12.5. Do not perform switch version on node 1.

2. Upgrade the second node to 12.5. Do not perform switch version on node 2.

3. Perform the switch version on node 1. Verify all the services are in Good/In-service state on node 1.

4. Perform the switch version on node 2. Verify all the services are in Good/In-service state on node 2.

5. Change the OS to centos 7 (64-bit) before the upgrade. >> Could not find this information in the above upgrade link.

Regards,

Rafi

12 Replies 12

Konstantin Vaksin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Can you please elaborate the question?

It is not required to change OS type in VM configuration.

Kostia

Hi Konstantin,

We have UCCX cluster with two nodes for HA on version 11.6.1. we are planning to upgrade it to 12.5.1

Can you confirm if we have to follow the below steps for UCCX High availability upgrade from version 11.6.x to 12.5. The reason to ask is we have reviewed the upgrade guides but the steps are somewhat not clear to me.

As per the document, upgrade from 11.6.x to 12.5.1 is refresh upgrade. (screenshot attached the part which I am referring)

Steps to follow: Please confirm

1. Upgrade the UCCX publisher from 11.6.1 to 12.5.1

2. Upgrade the second node from 11.6.1 to 12.5.1

3. Perform the switch version on the publisher. Verify all the services are in Good/In-service state on publisher

4. Perform the switch version on the second node. Verify all the services are in Good/In-service state on node 2.

Also, 

OS for UCCX version 11.6.1 is Redhat Enterprise Linux 6 and

OS for UCCX version 12.5.1 is CentOS 7. So I understand that OS needs to be changed to CentOS before upgrade to 12.5.1.

There is no requirement to change OS type.
However it is good approach to change it in VM configuration

Kostia

Thanks for your update.

Could you also confirm if below steps are good to go for refresh upgrade?

Steps to follow:

3. Perform the switch version on the publisher. Verify all the services are in Good/In-service state on publisher

4. Perform the switch version on the second node. Verify all the services are in Good/In-service state on node 2.

Regards,

Rafi

They are good. You are good for the upgrade.

Just one advise. You can make snapshot before you perform switch-version. As soon as upgrade is finished, you will need to delete snapshot

Kostia

You should still be changing the OS to CEntOS7 in the VMWare VM settings - it wont affect the upgrade, but VMWare will throw a warning if not changed. The VM Tools will be fine.

Thanks Mike. Yes, I agree the same regarding OS change.

Also, I believe there will be no issue in following the below steps. If have any suggestions, please advise.

Steps to follow:

Thanks for your confirmation.

Hi Mohammed 

Just follow up on your UCCX Upgrade to 12.5 , have you seen any issues without changing the OS to CentOS7 ?

as someone had an issue without changing the OS and failed to switch version. 

thanks

Justin

James Wang2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mohammed,

Have you change the OS to CentOS7 during the upgrade? 

I need to the upgrade myself, but I did not find clear instructions on when and how to do it in the upgrade guide.

Thanks,

James

Before you do the upgrade.
Shut down the VM, change the VM settings as needed, power up the VM and continue with the normal upgrade steps.

Thanks Winter!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: