Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Upgrade Path

Okay I know we are really old here but we are looking at upgrading UCCX from 9 to 11.6. The install/upgrade document says that 9.x.x to 11.6 is a RU and seems like you can go direct. That said the Compatibility Matrix shows that the upgrade supports 9.0.(2)SU3 but we are running 9.0.2 SU1.  Any idea which is correct?

3 Replies 3

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I would recommend going by the compatibility matrix and getting to 9.0(2)SU3 at a minimum as it is a more specific version requirement rather than the generic doc using a wildcard version 9.x.x

Hello Cameron,
I think you will be ok to move directly with your current version because if you check the cop file to upgrade to 11.6 (2) you will see the description stated: "Refresh upgrade cop for upgrading from 9.0(2)SU2 or 10.0(1)SU1 releases".
You should be ok but quick notes to consider:
- vRAM need to increase. (if u plan to use same UCCX VM)
- ESXi better to move to 6.x (option)
- I hope you can consider Prime Collaboration Provisioning, which will make ur upgrade better experience and smooth (most of the time but not always).

You can check the attached pic also the link of cop file: Link

I hope it help.

Said

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: