Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX v8.5 vs v9.0

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We're at UCCX v8.0(2) SU2, and preparing to upgrade.  Our plan was to go to v8.5 SU4, but I see 9.0(2) is out.  I've read the release notes, and checked the SRND and compability matrix.  It looks like with our hardware and CUCM environment we could support either.

So my question is, from a high level what are some of the differences between the versions?  Is 9.0(2) a major change from 8.5?   Is 9.0(2) still too new -- would 8.5 be considered more stable?  Any other factors to consider?

Thanks,

Bill

5 Replies 5

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

8.5 is more battle tested than 9.02. We've encountered quite a few errors with the base version of 9.0(2), however wtih the latest SU it hasn't been too bad - nothing major to report.

As far as differences, there are a couple.

• There is now a configuration API available
  • Integration with SocialMiner is possible
  • CUIC is now an option for reporting, also includes new metrics such as real time port usage
  • Single Sign On
  • Mobile Skill Manager

There are some backend changes as well such as SELinux, ESXi 5 and support for agents over anyconnect vpn. It also drops support for UC500/CME call agents.

All in all, unless you need one of those features I wouldn't consider upgrading.

HTH

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

Great feedback, thank you +5

Regarding CUIC for UCCX, is that separately licensed/purchased software? Today we just have a UCCX Premium licensing, and of course use historical reporting.  But reading about CUIC looks interesting!

CUIC is included at no cost. However note that if you choose to use CUIC you will be unable to use the HRC, not really life ending but it is a change and in my experience existing call centers don't like change.

That being said, CUIC is a pretty decent interface and a step above HRC; especially if you're doing custom reporting.

Also note, that there is a common misconeption with CUIC because of its bigger brother that there is a premium license you can buy for it. This is not the case for CUIC in respect to the UCCX platform.

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

Hi,tanner.ezell

Is CUIC included at no cost ?

Where can I find the newest ordering guide ?

Shitao,

CUIC is included at no cost, also note that it is on-box. You do not need to order CUIC separately for UCCX deployments. Ordering guide is in the same place as always. Check with your CAM if you have any issues getting to it.

HTH

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: