Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Waiting In Call Que Email Alert

Hello,

On weekends we have our helpdesk team with only 1 person on duty. During the week we have multiple people on the call cue. 

We ran into an issue a few weeks ago where that one agent was on a call, another call came into the cue and was waiting over 30 minutes for the agent to finish his current call and pick his call up. 

The manager of the department would like to know is it possible to setup an alert to come from the UCCX que when a call comes in and the caller waits longer then 60 seconds for someone to answer? Since there is only one person on duty that day the manager would like to receive an alert in email that another caller is in the que and has been waiting longer then 60 seconds for someone to answer. 

Possible? 

Thank you! 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I opened your script and immediately did a Tools > Validate.  In correcting the errors I did the following:

1) boolEmailSent missing

I created a variable of type boolean and called it boolEmailSent and set it to false

2) conEmailContact missing

I created a variable of type Contact and called it conEmailContact and set it to null

3) Invalid body variables in Create Email step

I created a variable of type String and called it strCallingNumber and set it to ""

I modified the strCSQ in the body to just CSQ to match your existing variable name

I created a variable of type int and called it intWaitTime and set it to 0

I modified the intDelayWhileQueued in the body to intWaitTime

That got rid of the validation errors, and now it was time to fix your logic errors.

1) Store the calling number in a variable

Added the step Get Call Contact Info just below the Accept step and assigned the Calling Number to strCallingNumber

2) Store the wait time in a variable

Added the step Get Reporting Statistics just above the Create Email step and store the Current Wait Duration in the intWaitTime variable

3) Allow the email section to process

I removed the Goto queueLoop step which is just above the If boolEmailSent step so the If step can actually process

There are other things wrong with your script and it could be improved a bit more, but that's really all that should be needed for the email thing to start working.

I am attaching a modified version of your script with the changes described above.

View solution in original post

Hi,

If you copy steps from one script to another you have to ensure that you have created any variables that those steps use.

If you use the "Tools > Validate" menu in the editor when the script you shared is loaded you will see lots of validation errors caused by these missing variables.

I have fixed these in the script attached below which should work if your email setup is ok.

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

This would be possible if you have the Premium version of UCCX which supports the required email steps.

That's is good to know, I do have UCCX premium. Has anyone done this before that can help me with navigating to the correct steps? Any documentation I can read on how to set this up? 

Thanks!

I do not  have a sample script to hand but the discussion at the link below has one attached which might get you started. 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/create-and-send-email-issue-with-uccx-ip-ivr-8-0-script/td-p/1658942 

The blog below also contains some useful content.

http://benmorgan.com.au/blog/email-voice-recordings-in-uccx-10-0-script/ 

To send email from CCX you will need an SMTP server - in most business environments this is likely to be MS Exchange.

HTH

Thanks James. 

I was hoping for a simpler solution then scripting the whole thing out, I know there are some third party applications but they are not worth the investment at the this moment. 

I am surprised UCCX does not have a solution to receiving email alerts for certain variables. 

Thank you! 

Hi Chris,

The scripting really is not that difficult. In my experience the bit that takes the longest is getting the customer to set up the SMTP server for use with CCX.

One thing to get your head around with CCX is that it does very little out of the box but you can make it do lots of cool things through scripting. There would be absolutely no need to buy a third party product for the functionality you want - it could be done with a few variables and half a dozen script steps.

If I get time over the weekend I will put together an example script for you.

James

Thank you sir! 

I can handle the SMTP settings with my server engineers if that is the hardest part. 

Hopefully a sample script can give me an idea on how it works and I can continue from there.

Thanks again! 

Hi Chris,

Attached is a script that will send emails are requested - the recipient will receive an email including the number of the caller, the CSQ in which they are queuing and how long they have been queuing for (this will always be the value of the variable intDelayWhileQueued.

Subject: Queuing Call Alert!!!

Body:

Caller with number  7297 has been waiting in the queue System Development  for 15 seconds!!!

Time of call: October 19, 2019 4:03:30 PM BST

When you load the script set the parameters below to match what your system uses:

strCSQ - the name of the CSQ for which you want to send alerts

intDelayWhileQueued - how long the call will be put of hold for - I set this to 15 seconds for testing - I think you wanted to set it to 60 seconds.

strAlertEmailTo - the email address of the person who needs to receive the alert.

strAlertEmailFrom - the email address that will be the from: address in the email.

I have tested this script and it works fine. You can see from the script how simple the email setup is - just two steps.

For this to work you need to complete the email settings under the Subsystems > email and set up your SMTP server to allow the IP address of the CCX server(s) to send email without authentication.

Let me know how you get on.

James, 

Thank you for this! I am going to make those changes and run some tests but I think we are on the right track!

Thanks again! 

James, 

I changed intDelayWhileQueued to 60 seconds. 

I am now trying to change the email To and From and continue to get this error when adding the email address. I included a snip of the error I am getting. I may be adding the email address to the wrong part of the script?

Thank you, 

Hi Chris,

Try enclosing the email addresses in double quotes.

Also I do not have the script with me at the moment but I think I set the to and from addresses as parameters so you can set them on the Application page by ticking the relevant boxes and typing them in (again with double quotes).

Regards

James

Hello James, 

This is our working production script that I would like to incorporate what you gave me with your script. 

My colleague and I tried a few different ways to add your script into our script and continuously get errors. 

We are not very knowledgeable with scripting on UCCX and wanted to see if you can guide us and get this to work. 

I had to upload the script into dropbox. Here is the link to the script. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j500q0m8xzkpmyq/ACD_US_Test.aef?dl=0

Thanks, 

I opened your script and immediately did a Tools > Validate.  In correcting the errors I did the following:

1) boolEmailSent missing

I created a variable of type boolean and called it boolEmailSent and set it to false

2) conEmailContact missing

I created a variable of type Contact and called it conEmailContact and set it to null

3) Invalid body variables in Create Email step

I created a variable of type String and called it strCallingNumber and set it to ""

I modified the strCSQ in the body to just CSQ to match your existing variable name

I created a variable of type int and called it intWaitTime and set it to 0

I modified the intDelayWhileQueued in the body to intWaitTime

That got rid of the validation errors, and now it was time to fix your logic errors.

1) Store the calling number in a variable

Added the step Get Call Contact Info just below the Accept step and assigned the Calling Number to strCallingNumber

2) Store the wait time in a variable

Added the step Get Reporting Statistics just above the Create Email step and store the Current Wait Duration in the intWaitTime variable

3) Allow the email section to process

I removed the Goto queueLoop step which is just above the If boolEmailSent step so the If step can actually process

There are other things wrong with your script and it could be improved a bit more, but that's really all that should be needed for the email thing to start working.

I am attaching a modified version of your script with the changes described above.

Hi,

If you copy steps from one script to another you have to ensure that you have created any variables that those steps use.

If you use the "Tools > Validate" menu in the editor when the script you shared is loaded you will see lots of validation errors caused by these missing variables.

I have fixed these in the script attached below which should work if your email setup is ok.

Thank you! 

I just uploaded the script, I placed a call into the que and answered. Then I placed another call for it to be in the que so I can test the email alert after 60 seconds. What is happening is the call in the que on hold get disconnected and does not continue to stay in hold. Also no email alert but I believe its because the call is not being held in the que. 

Thoughts on why my call is not staying in the que that is on hold? 

This happened in both scripts that were uploaded. 

Again thanks for all your help on this! Really appreciated!