Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Waiting In Call Que Email Alert

Hello,

On weekends we have our helpdesk team with only 1 person on duty. During the week we have multiple people on the call cue. 

We ran into an issue a few weeks ago where that one agent was on a call, another call came into the cue and was waiting over 30 minutes for the agent to finish his current call and pick his call up. 

The manager of the department would like to know is it possible to setup an alert to come from the UCCX que when a call comes in and the caller waits longer then 60 seconds for someone to answer? Since there is only one person on duty that day the manager would like to receive an alert in email that another caller is in the que and has been waiting longer then 60 seconds for someone to answer. 

Possible? 

Thank you! 

21 Replies 21

I got it to work! 

Well you all got it to work! 

Thank you, I am now getting the emails and the que is working. 

Awesome work !!!!! 

Sweet! Don't forget to click the helpful star icon under each post you felt helped. We contributors do this for free and the only reward we get are those points and when you mark the post a solved!

I will definitely be doing that. 

Last question, this is the email I receive.

Caller with number  812125225464 has been waiting in the queue ACD_Test for 30 seconds!!!

Time of call: October 25, 2019 6:35:02 PM BST

Where did it get 30 seconds from in the script? Can I change that to 60 seconds? 

I do not see anything in the script showing the 30 second marker. 

Thanks again! 

Hello,

I figure out where the 60 seconds is and changed it myself. 

Everything is working perfectly. 

Is it possible to get a second email to send while on hold if they are longer then 60 seconds? So I receive the first email and if the person still stays on hold for another 60 seconds I would like to know its still has not been answered.

Thanks! 

Yep! The way it was recommended to work for you was to send the email once, per caller, at the bottom of the queue loop (roughly 70 seconds). You would just need to switch your If step for boolEmailSent, to be either:

a) a loop counter, which would loop roughly every 70 seconds, and then check if the loop counter is on a loop you wish to sent the email. I.e., If (loopCounter == 2 || loopCounter == 4 || loopCounter >= 6) <--- that would send an email at 2.5 minutes, 5 minutes, and then every loop after 7 minutes.

b) a wait during threshold, which would need to be pulled from the get reporting statistics step (I put that in my edit within the if step, but you can just drag it above the if step). E.g., If (intWaitDuring >= 300) <--- that would send an email every loop after 5 minutes has ellapsed.

c) maybe combine the two? Really the "when?" and "how often?" is your choice.

Keep in mind that if you're not trying to sink the email server or the user's mailbox, maybe only let the oldest contact in queue (the first person in line) trigger the email.

E.g.,

intPositionInQueue = Get Reporting Statistics (Position In Queue)
If (intPositionInQueue == 1 && (intLoopCounter == 4 || int loopCounter == 6))

that way if there are 6 people in queue all over the limit, there's still only one email, not 6. If you are thinking "oh but having 6 emails tells me how many people are in the queue" then I would say either:

a) look at finesse more, because that shows you counts in queue for free, and let the email trigger you to look at it

b) use the get reporting statistics step again, but this time to get the Contacts Waiting metric, stored in intContactsWaiting, and then include that metric in the email subject: E.g., Queue Alert: There are 6 Contacts Waiting in Queue

Then at this point it really doesn't pay to have the calling number in the email then, but that's just yet another decision to make...

Thanks Anthony! 

I went back and forth from the 2 scripts that were posted here and was able to get it to work like I requested. When someone calls into the queue, after 60 seconds I receive the email that the call has not been answered. That worked perfectly! 

What I am looking to do right now is get another alert from the same caller that the call has still not been answered. The loop counter may be what I need. Every 60 seconds the email is sent when the call is not answered. 

We wanted this because our weekend helpdesk does not get many calls but they are the only person on the desk at the time. We want an alert a user is on hold every 60 seconds.  

I included the final script we have to see if you have anymore insight on how I can do this. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lyi2wn6zyxtpsxg/UCCXEmailOct.aef?dl=0

Again your help has been phenomenal and I am still learning UCCX scripting and this has been beneficial for me. 

Thank you!  

It's hard coded in the variable called DelayWhileQueued. If you use my script, I actually pull the real wait time from the Get Reporting Statistics step.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: