Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Web Chat send the message not working from the browsers

ausjustin
Level 1
Level 1

We have hit a little bit of an issue.

I’m not sure if it’s a Cisco issue/bug but some browsers are having an issue in web chat. Clicking on return puts in a line break rather than sending response. Instead it makes a line break and you are not able to send the message.

It happens on my iPhone and also on my desktop when using Firefox.

No problems on Ipad, Chrome or IE.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Justin,

It is interesting... turns out iOS 8 and before, this was working fine.

Since iOS 9, an additional 'keypress' event in the webpage has to be captured along with the 'keyup' event which we are currently capturing (which works for desktop browsers). Without this, the return key will add a line-break instead of sending a message. That is what it seems is happening in iPhones.

You can read more about it here: javascript - iOS 9 - keyup event not firing - Stack Overflow

Thanks,

Nagendra U M

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

namahesh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ausjustin,

We are aware of the "line break" issue when SocialMiner customer chat webpage is used in certain mobile devices. There is an enhancement request filed for this, and we shall work on it based on priority in coming releases of SocialMiner.

However, we have been testing all supported desktop browsers (Firefox, IE, Chrome and Safari) and the return key behaves as expected (sending the msg upon return key).

Just so I understand your situation better and to re-confirm via testing, when you say Firefox on your desktop is not behaving this way, can you please share the below details?

• version of SocialMiner
  • version of Firefox
  • your desktop operating system

Thanks,

Nagendra U M

Hi Nagendra

Thanks for your reply and here the details as blow :

• version of SocialMiner    -- 10.6.1.10000-102
  • version of Firefox    -- 49.01
  • your desktop operating system     - Windows 7

It happens on my iPhone and also on my desktop when using Firefox.

No problems on Ipad, Chrome or IE.

Thanks

Justin

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the quick response.

We installed the exact version of Firefox (49.0.1) you mentioned on a windows 7 (64-bit) desktop and tested web chat from the customer chat UI, but we failed to reproduce the issue.

The return key was sending out messages rather than adding line-breaks in chat messages.

(See screenshot below)

image005.jpg

If this issue is not specific to a particular desktop at your end, and you are able to see this even with other desktops, I advise you to please reach out to Cisco TAC and report this as a problem, so we can start looking into it.

Thanks,

Nagendra U M

thanks Nagendra

i already open the Cisco TAC case about this one  SR 681064330

but can you see why it not working on iPhone ?

Hi Justin,

It is interesting... turns out iOS 8 and before, this was working fine.

Since iOS 9, an additional 'keypress' event in the webpage has to be captured along with the 'keyup' event which we are currently capturing (which works for desktop browsers). Without this, the return key will add a line-break instead of sending a message. That is what it seems is happening in iPhones.

You can read more about it here: javascript - iOS 9 - keyup event not firing - Stack Overflow

Thanks,

Nagendra U M

Hi Nagendra

Iphone works with Safari (ios 10).

Doesn’t work with ipads – tested on 9.3.2

Firefox 49.0.1 work finer on desktop.

If the submit button is not possible we will see if the business are OK to not show the web chat option when any user connects from a mobile device.

Did it sound like there are any possibilities to build the send button – has any other customer done it that they are aware of?

thanks

Justin