Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Wildcard Triggers and Call Forward Unregistered Settings

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

TAC encourage the use of wildcard triggers with UCCX but this seems to prevent the granular setting of Call Forward Unregistered options on lines allocated to the CTI Route Points created by CCX. 

I often do this to allow calls to fall back gracefully to hunt groups in the event of issues with the CCX application.

This works fine with a specific trigger defined for every number that can be dialed to reach a script but is it possible to do something similar with triggers that use wildcards?

For example the trigger could have a DN of 140066XX and the CFU destinations could be set to 150066XX. Hunt pilots for the backup hunt groups would then be set to 15006601, 15006602 etc.

I am not in a position to test this at the moment so was just wondering in anyone has done so and whether it works? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I just tested this...something I have never done, nor seen done before, and it actually worked.

EDIT: Oh crap!  I didn't call a DN which itself was a wild card. I called a regular DN, but the forwarding was a wild card.  I just realized you wanted both to be a wild card.  Testing that now, but not optimistic...

EDIT 2: Ok, that still worked.  My DN was a wild card and so was my forwarding destination, and I was able to steer the call to two different places depending on which number I called.

E.g., DN was 200X and forwarding was 300X - when I call 2000 I get forwarded to 3000 and when I call 2001 I get forwarded to 3001.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I just tested this...something I have never done, nor seen done before, and it actually worked.

EDIT: Oh crap!  I didn't call a DN which itself was a wild card. I called a regular DN, but the forwarding was a wild card.  I just realized you wanted both to be a wild card.  Testing that now, but not optimistic...

EDIT 2: Ok, that still worked.  My DN was a wild card and so was my forwarding destination, and I was able to steer the call to two different places depending on which number I called.

E.g., DN was 200X and forwarding was 300X - when I call 2000 I get forwarded to 3000 and when I call 2001 I get forwarded to 3001.