cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX with combined perpetual and flex licensing

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

I've seen previous documents that UCCX 12 with smart licensing can support both perpetual and flex licenses at the same time provided all are loaded in the SMART account. Customer bought flex licenses to add agents to an existing 12.5 UCCX system, and the system isn't recognizing the flex licenses that are present.

I opened a case with TAC,, and TAC is saying this isn't supported.

I'm concerned as we asked this question before the customer purchased them.   Has anyone else run into this?

7 Replies 7

AFAIK this is not supported. When you use SL with CCX the licenses has to be of a specific type to work. I would have ventured to say that they need to be Flex, but as you wrote that these are the once that are not showing up that makes me unsure.

Response Signature

djl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello-

I do not recall a time, or seeing that UCCX could simultaneously support both Flex and Classic.  It was always an either / or scenario and also dependent on how you're getting where you're going.  E.g. Upgrade vs Fresh Install.  I would be interested if you could produce the document you're referencing.

Take a look at this document: Understanding Smart licensing in Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX).

I have run into 'asking a question pre purchase' only later to find out later that a Cisco rep provided an incorrect or incomplete answer.  I don't believe the incorrect information was provided maliciously, but it's no less frustrating.

DJ

> I would be interested if you could produce the document you're referencing.

As requested....see slide 14 from Cisco's CiscoLive event.

I see how someone could read into that slide, but it's not talking about using Flex and Classic on the same UCCX server. That slide is talking about add-ons and is missing a lot of context that can be added by watching the presentation.  The presentation gives the caveat that the specific platform must support it, but does not claim which products do or do not support it. 

DJ

jdrennan3
Level 1
Level 1

Yes we are running into this same issue.   

csrlima
Level 3
Level 3

We are here with the same issue, we have Uccx with perpetual licenses and now we order more licenses that come in flex. Now to intall these new licenses we have to choose between using flex or perpetual licenses, adn if i choose flex i will loose my perpetual license. If perpectual licenses are under a valid swss can i move these licenses from perpetual to flex?

Cisco will give you a moderate credit for the remaining SWSS. You have to move to Flex licensing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: