Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX with Extend and Connect Call Drops

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I have UCCX 11.6(2) running with CUCM 11.5.

I have been trying to get Jabber with Extend and Connect to work for UCCX agents.

E&C seems to work fine outside of UCCX but there are problems with UCCX.

When I log into Finesse the agent gets an inbound call as expected. However this call drops after a few seconds. I have tried various remote destinations including a standard PSTN landline and iPhone and Android mobiles but see the same behaviour on all.

The expected behaviour is for the call to stay up as described in the link below.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_11_6/maintain_and_operate/guide/uccx_b_unified-ccx-administartion-guide/uccx_b_unified-ccx-administartion-guide_chapter_010110.html?bookSearch=true#UCCX_RF_P0... 

Does anyone have this working? - any idea why the call should be dropped?

10 Replies 10

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I don't have it working, but I'd be happy to look at your cucm logs to see if I can tell why the call dropped. Also, I'll see if I can get this configured for myself today, and if I do, I'll report back. It would be on the same versions as you too.

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the response. This is not top of my priority list at the moment to be honest - I am busy scripting and configuring MRA stuff to allow staff from one of our big public sector customers to work from home.

I was looking at mobile agent solutions from Comstice and Novelvox which would allow agents to work pretty much anywhere but both rely on Extend and Connect for the voice part so I quickly set it up and tested last night.

I am not sure whether it will be a viable solution for this customer as each Finesse agent permanently ties up a SIP trunk channel even when not on a call.

I would appreciate your feedback if you do set it up.

Cheers

James

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ok, that was a lot easier than I was thinking.

CUCM 11.5(1)SU5 and UCCX 11.6(2)ESsomething.  Already have a working Jabber deployment, just needed to try out EC.

I used the steps in this document to just get EC working at all.  Like if I call the DN, does the remote device ring, and the answer is yes.  And it stays up for longer than 30 seconds (typical length for testing):

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/11_5_1_SU7/cucm_b_feature-configuration-guide-cisco1151su7/cucm_b_feature-configuration-guide-cisco1151su7_chapter_011.html

Then for UCCX, I just assigned the CTIRD to the RmCm user, assign the DN to the users IPCC Extension, and the rest is basic stuff.  Skilled the Agent, signed them into Finesse and the RD rang, I answered, it stayed up for more than 30 seconds.  I then moved to the Ready state and took a queue call, and that came through as well.  Kept it up for over 30 seconds too.

I did see in this guide, that you can configure two custom announcements, which I think is cool, but I didn't do that part:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_11_6_2/maintain_and_operate/guide/uccx_b_ccx-admin-and-operations-guide/uccx_b_ccx-admin-and-operations-guide_chapter_011000.html

PS the UCCX document is pretty trash for setting up EC from scratch.  I feel bad for anyone using it to get going, especially if you don't know what you're doing.  I would recommend using other guides to get your Jabber deployment working first, then use the CUCM guide to configure EC per user, then use the normal UCCX Agent setup guide to configure the Agent like normal, just refer to the CTIRD as the Agent phone.

Thanks Anthony,

It is useful to know it works ok for you using similar versions to what I have.

I will have a look at some CUCM logs when I get a moment.

Yeah, I would rule out UCCX first and just call the DN on the CTIRD to see if you can keep that call up. If you can, then yeah, UCCX is doing something weird, but if you can't (the more likely case), then this is likely a PSTN gateway issue. Are you SIP-SIP via CUBE for PSTN? I am.

jkalarit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Realised there was lack of clarity in Documentation. Could you have a check on the below document for basic setup for Extend and Connect with UCCX.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/contact-center/unified-contact-center-express/215536-configure-extend-and-connect-feature-for.html

Thanks for putting this useful document together. 

In the end the customer I was looking at this for went with using MRA to register remote agent endpoints so E&C was not required.

I will work through your document when I get a moment though as I would like to see if I can get it working for my own satisfaction.

The jabber here is just so they can show E&C from the remote side, it doesn't have to be a jabber client, could be anything (home phone, cell etc).

basic logic is remote cti configured as ccx phone and doing SNR to the actual agent phone.

This sounds like you are saying Jabber is not actually required to use CTI RD for remote agent on UCCX?

Thats my understanding, although it does make sense to use it so the agent has control on what PSTN number to ring.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: