cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX8.5 XML Document update

robert.cooley
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently using an XML document to detail openning times and bank holidays.  This works fine but previous I had a dashbaord that users could access to updat the files.  I now require to update these documents with a user calling a CTI checking the current emergency state and amending the state from false to true.

Any assistance woud be appreciated.                  

8 Replies 8

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

what dashboard? Where? In UCCX? What version?

Updating XML's is quite easy - using some Java code. For instance, you can read the XML using DOM, change the node(s) you need to change, then flush the new XML as file. Is that what you want?

G.

Sounds right. So you have a script I can browse ?

Regards Bob

Sent from my iPhone

... so you don't have any idea what I am talking about, do you?

No, I don't have a script but I can help you with creating one if you kindly give us some information about details like the desired XML structure, what to change, where would you like to keep that XML file etc.

G.

Regards Bob

Sent from my iPhone

I do actually know what you are referring to but have not managed to implement. This is my own fault due to time constraints. If you would like to help without being so flippant I would accept.

Regards Bob

Sent from my iPhone

Note the xml ws originally displayed and amended as a web application for CUC 3.5

The document I have extracted for use in UCCX8.5(1) is "DBSDashboard.xml" and is stored in the Documents Repository in a folder /DBSDashboard/

It is currently being used to store the openning times, bank holidays and whether the call centre is closed for emergency.  I require to amend the 'CallCentreClosed' to true or false accordingly

The current xml is as follows:

-

-

false

-

true

-

01/01/2010

02/04/2010

05/04/2010

03/05/2010

31/05/2010

30/08/2010

27/12/2010

28/12/2010

01/01/2011

01/01/2007

-

08:00

18:00

off

18:00

off

16:00

off

off

off

09:00

13:00

off

00:00

00:00

off

Hi,

upload the JDOM library on the UCCX server (don't forget to activate it  and then restart UCCX). Get it here:

https://github.com/downloads/hunterhacker/jdom/jdom-2.0.1.zip

Then, provided you've got that XML file in the Document repository, as DBSDashboard.xml, you can use this piece of code, like on the picture (including four new variables). Enjoy.

Thank you for this,  I will LAB it over the weekend and provide some feedback.

Regards  Bob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: