Views
Helpful
Replies

Un-installing HRC - UCCX 8.5

greglowe1329
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

I seen a few articles around the dodgy HRC application and have experienced problems first hand.

I've just installed the HRC client on a Win2k8 R2 server but it will not connect to the UCCX server database. So I've tried to uninstall the software but its fails as well.

I get the following error if i try to run the software:

"Unable to establish connection to database. Check the log file for error 5051."

and I get this error if i try and uninstall the software:

"Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Action caUninstallDBDriverMsiexec, location... \hrcdbdriver...."

I'm logged in as local adminitrator and i've tied running both the install and uninstall as Administrator but still no luck..

Has anyone else solved this one before??

Thanks,

Greg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have not seen this exact behavior; however, those errors are indicitive of a problem with the Informx ODBC driver. I have encountered a possibly related issue: at install time the Informx ODBC driver wasn't getting installed which in turned caused the entire HRC installer to crash. The cause was that the HRC MSI unpacks the Informx MSI into Program Files which anti-virus was blocking the launch of. We had to copy the Informx ODBC MSI to another directory, install it, and then re-run the HRC MSI for it to install.

It may be worth trying to recreate those steps to see if a separate install of the packaged Informx ODBC driver repairs things. Disabling UAC may also be worth a shot.

In your case it's also notworthy that you're trying to install on an unsupported OS. While CAD/CSD may be supported on Windows 2008 for terminal server purposes, the HRC is not. The Compatibility Matrix shows only Windows XP/Vista/7 for the HRC OS.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have not seen this exact behavior; however, those errors are indicitive of a problem with the Informx ODBC driver. I have encountered a possibly related issue: at install time the Informx ODBC driver wasn't getting installed which in turned caused the entire HRC installer to crash. The cause was that the HRC MSI unpacks the Informx MSI into Program Files which anti-virus was blocking the launch of. We had to copy the Informx ODBC MSI to another directory, install it, and then re-run the HRC MSI for it to install.

It may be worth trying to recreate those steps to see if a separate install of the packaged Informx ODBC driver repairs things. Disabling UAC may also be worth a shot.

In your case it's also notworthy that you're trying to install on an unsupported OS. While CAD/CSD may be supported on Windows 2008 for terminal server purposes, the HRC is not. The Compatibility Matrix shows only Windows XP/Vista/7 for the HRC OS.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks Jonathan. Your right on the money. Issue was caused by ODBC driver install failure, not blocked by Anti-V but due to HRC .msi crash.. Damn unsupported OS's.

That was on Version 8.5(2)_su3 for those out there who may run into the fault

Thanks Mate

I had this problem as well on Windows7. Installing the informix drivers from

http://www.ciscounitytools.com got CCX reports working again.

Hey I know I'm a bit late to the party, but after installing the latest Informix drivers I am still unable to uninstall or repair my UCCX Historical Reports 8.5 on my Win 8 x64 machine. I still encounter the 1722 error.

Is there a way I can completely remove UCCX HRC and the Informix drivers so I can start from scratch?

Thanks,

Ben

Try disabling the UAC i.e., set it to Never Notify and then check. This change might require a PC reboot to work.

Regards

Deepak