cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to log in UCCX agent if more than 4 extension on phone

mserwon
Level 1
Level 1

Running UCCX 8.02su2.  When agents have 1 call center line and 3 other extensions they are able to log into CAD.  If I add one more extension to the phone then I get the message on login "Number of configured extensions for agent device exceeds the maximum allowed".

Has anyone else seen this and were you able to change the maximum?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is a hard-coded limitation of CCX and cannot be changed. The Solution Reference Network Design for Cisco Unified CCX and Cisco Unified IP IVR, Release 8.0 covers this in the Multiple Lines Support section.

Cisco Unified CCX supports using the 6900/8900/9900 series phone as agent devices. Cisco Unified CCX monitors calls on multiple lines in order to support Join Across Line (JAL) and Direct Transfer Across Line (DTAL) on those agent devices. Up to 4 lines are monitored by Cisco Unified CCX, these include 1 ACD line and 3 non-ACD lines but only the ACD line can be controlled from the agent desktop. If more than four lines are configured on an agent device, the agent cannot login using that phone. JAL and DTAL are also supported on agent devices using 7900 series phone and up to 4 lines can be configured on those phones.

Note For agent devices with monitored non-ACD lines, make sure to inlcude the non-ACD lines as the CTI controlled lines when performing sizing for Cisco Unified CM server(s).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is a hard-coded limitation of CCX and cannot be changed. The Solution Reference Network Design for Cisco Unified CCX and Cisco Unified IP IVR, Release 8.0 covers this in the Multiple Lines Support section.

Cisco Unified CCX supports using the 6900/8900/9900 series phone as agent devices. Cisco Unified CCX monitors calls on multiple lines in order to support Join Across Line (JAL) and Direct Transfer Across Line (DTAL) on those agent devices. Up to 4 lines are monitored by Cisco Unified CCX, these include 1 ACD line and 3 non-ACD lines but only the ACD line can be controlled from the agent desktop. If more than four lines are configured on an agent device, the agent cannot login using that phone. JAL and DTAL are also supported on agent devices using 7900 series phone and up to 4 lines can be configured on those phones.

Note For agent devices with monitored non-ACD lines, make sure to inlcude the non-ACD lines as the CTI controlled lines when performing sizing for Cisco Unified CM server(s).

Thanks for the quick response.  I guess I'll have to live with it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: