cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Understanding select resource step in UCCX

hwalia282
Level 1
Level 1

I'm a UCCX scripting newbie and want to understand the select resource step.  I have set connect to yes (thus there are two branches:  connected and queued).

1.  With connect set to yes, does it automatically connect the call to the agent (in ready state) or does the agent need to physically answer the call?

2.  If the agent's phone rings, but does not answer what branch does it hit?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You will see people mostly using this scenario when they want if call goes Ring No Answer then it should not go in the Queued branch but infact goes back to the Select Resource or any other logic that they want to perform just in case the agent makes himself/herself Ready again during a short interval of time. Whereas, if Connect is set to Yes inside Select Resource then for Ring No Answer treatment as well call will go in the Queued branch and there is no way to give a different treatment to the call in this case as it is possible to give if you select Connect to No inside Select Resource step.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1.  With connect set to yes, does it automatically connect the call to the agent (in ready state) or does the agent need to physically answer the call?

Answer: With connect set to yes, call will start ringing on the agent phone provided he/she is in Ready state but agent will still need to answer the call either from CAD/Finesse or the phone. Call will automatically be answered only in the event if you have attached headset to the agent phone and enabled the same at the Directory Number level on CM

2.  If the agent's phone rings, but does not answer what branch does it hit?

Answer: Call will go Ring No Answer for this agent in that case and if any other agent will be available, call will again go to Connect branch. However if no agent is available then call will go to Queued branch and will remain there until an agent becomes available(Ready) again.

Regards

Deepak

I see, so when you hit the connect branch it is more about the phone being in alerting state and not connected.

On a similar note it I have seen some sample scripts setup as follows per the diagram:

sample script

As you can see it has a select resource step (connect set to no) followed by a connect step.  The failed branch loops back to a select resource step.  How is this different, if at all, than a script with a select resource step set to yes?

You will see people mostly using this scenario when they want if call goes Ring No Answer then it should not go in the Queued branch but infact goes back to the Select Resource or any other logic that they want to perform just in case the agent makes himself/herself Ready again during a short interval of time. Whereas, if Connect is set to Yes inside Select Resource then for Ring No Answer treatment as well call will go in the Queued branch and there is no way to give a different treatment to the call in this case as it is possible to give if you select Connect to No inside Select Resource step.

Regards

Deepak

I'm a bit confused.   With connect set to yes, didn't you say if the agent is RNA, it keeps hitting the connected branch until it finds an agent?  If no other agent is in ready state then it'll go to the queued branch.

Let me know what I'm missing. 

You need to read carefully before posting your doubts, below is what I wrote:

Call will go Ring No Answer for this agent in that case and if any other agent will be available, call will again go to Connect branch. However if no agent is available then call will go to Queued branch and will remain there until an agent becomes available(Ready) again.

The above quoted behavior happens when Connect is set to Yes whereas if connect is set to No then you have the option of looping the call to any other logic avoiding it to go in queued branch even if no agent is available within RNA scenario

Regards

Deepak

OK,  let me try again.

Say we have connect set to no, and our CSQ only has 1 agent (to keep it simple).  The agent is logged in and in ready state.  I call the queue, the agent's phone rings but does not answer.  At this point wouldn't I be in the queued branch now?

At this point, call will go in the Failed branch of Connect step and you have the option to route it back to Select Resource step as shown in the attached script or apply any logic that you want. Whereas if Connect is set to Yes and agent does not answer the call then you do not have option to apply any logic and it will go in queued branch only.

In nutshell, if connect is set to no then you can apply additional logic under the Failed branch whenever call goes RNA which in other case i.e., connect set to Yes is not possible.

Regards

Deepak

You're right, it would be failed branch.  My bad.  From your sample script it, the next step would be it goes to SelectAgent label, which does Select Resource again.  At this point, if there are no more agents in ready state, would it not hit the queued branch?

Yes it will then go to Queued branch if no agent is in Ready state at this point. Moreover that was just an example, you can apply some other logic as well there such as do an agent state check, play some MOH, give caller an option to leave VM etc.

Regards

Deepak

I get it.  Thanks for your patience.

No issues, glad that I was able to help.

Regards

Deepak

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: