Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unrendered HTML on hidden tab?

Hi,

This is a bit of a newbie question, but I haven't found a solution yet.  I have a gadget that opens to a static HTML page with instructions on its usage and a couple buttons to get started.  When it's put on the home page/tab, everything's beautiful, but when it's on an unrendered tab (next to Team Performance), virtually none of the gadget is rendered and what is there has no CSS and looks like it's squished to a viewport of maybe 10x10 pixels.

Any clues how to make Finesse render the iFrame as if it's visible while it's on an unacgessed tab? Do I need to re-render on tab-visible event?  Team Performance looks perfect and isn't re-rendering.  I have height=550 in the XML.

Thanks,

Chris

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Just to make sure I understand correctly. If the gadget is in an inactive tab and you click it, the gadget doesn't render/look pretty.

Do you have this code in the init?

containerServices.addHandler(finesse.containerservices.ContainerServices.Topics.ACTIVE_TAB, function() {
      // automatically adjust the height of the gadget to show the html
      gadgets.window.adjustHeight();
});

This function will get triggered whenever the tab gets activated.

Thanx,

Denise

Denise,

That code is there, but I believe the resolution may simply be to add specific dimensions to the DIV elements, which render as 0 height and width, even with adjustHeight() being invoked.  It's on the back burner for now but I'll get back to it before long and update here when I figure it out.

Thanks!
Chris

Hm. I think you will need to use the browser's developer tools to see why that function is either not being triggered or isn't working. That code should be adjusting the height. 

Thanx,

Denise