cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Update Call Variable Data Sample Gadget

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

I've implemented the Update Call Variable Data Sample Gadget (works great btw) to Finesse 11.6... I was wondering if there's a way to make sure that value updated for the call variable gets written to the database. Is this a change in the JS file?

5 Replies 5

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Which database are you referring to? Are you asking if this update sticks throughout the call? If so, yes. Everyone else on the call will see that update the moment it gets processed.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise... thanks for replying. I was wondering if the value for the call variable can be written to the CCE database... whether it's the Logger or HDS.

Hi,

It should be because the Finesse API calls the CCE's CTI protocol to update the call variable.

Thanx,

Denise

The Call Variables will be written in the Route Call Detail and Termination Call Detail tables.

These are written to the Logger and pushed out to the HDS.

You would use the awdb database (views) to view these records- as the awdb views are link to the hds database - and gives you access to both config (awdb database) and historical data (hds).

Here is an example SQL query for TCD.

http://orourke.tv/web/doku.php?id=vendors:cisco:uc:icm:sql:route#tcd_sql_query

Since the Call Variables were updated during the call, you would expect that the Route Call Detail Call variable values (original values) will be different from the Termination Call Details Values (the ones set during the call).

Gerry

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but just to confirm, if using the API in older versions of Finesse like 11.6 (or newer for that matter), or the built in editing in Finesse in newer versions, the Route_Call_Detail values will never be updated with whatever is edited/added, but the Termination_Call_Detail values will be, is that correct?