Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from UCCX 10.6 SU2 to 10.6 SU3 Invalid Upgrade Error

chris_funa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, 

I'm trying to upgrade my UCCX from version 10.6 SU2 to SU3. The software options I have installed are: ciscouccx.ReportFix.10.cop and ciscouccx.VMwareTools2016V2.cop.

I'm trying this in my lab and the ISO file has a status of "Name does not match any filter pattern."

The ISO file's MD5 hash matches the one from the download site. 

I tried looking for a refresh package, but couldn't locate anything. 

I've tried rebooting my UCCX servers and that didn't work. 

I'm redownloading the ISO despite the hashes matching. 

ESXi in my lab is 6.5

Is there something I'm missing? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can you make sure that the file in SFTP has the correct extension ? From the web GUI snippet, I can see the file ending is "sgn" when it should be "sgn.iso". I believe that is why the system is not able to recognize any valid upgrade files.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you using the "10.6.1.11003-29" for upgrade ?

Thank you for the response. 

Yes, I am. 

The re-download didn't work. 

Just to see if it was my lab environment, i tested to see if my production side recognizes the ISO, and it too doesn't like it. 

Was there any other cop file installed before attempting the upgrade ? Are you attempting this through OS Admin and get the error in the webpage ? How many nodes are there ?

I didn't see any cop files that needed to be installed. The readme and Install guides didn't mention one. 

The only cop files installed before the upgrade are the ones listed in the body above. 

The error is in the GUI, but when I try from CLI, it doesn't even list it as an option. 

There are 2 nodes

Can you try an upgrade through the CLI ? Below is the procedure -

1. Take a DRS backup. You can ignore this if you want for a lab server.

2. Upgrade PUB on the inactive version
>>"utils system upgrade initiate"
>>give the Server type where the ISO is loaded
>>enter the SFTP details
>>select the ISO to be installed
>>once successfully installed, check with "show version inactive".

3. Follow the same procedure as above for SUB. Check with "show version inactive" once installed.

4. Check if services are up on both the nodes " utils service list"

5. Verify the platform and CCX replication - "utils uccx dbreplication status" and " utils dbreplication runtimestate"

6. Check active and inactive versions on both nodes "show version active" and "show version inactive"

7. Switch version on PUB;
>>Enter the command" utils system switch-version" to initiate the switch version process;
>>Once completed; Enter the command show version active to check the active version.
>>check if services are up "utils service list"

8. Switch version on SUB
>>Enter the command "utils system switch-version "to initiate the switch version process;
>>Once completed; Enter the command show version active to check the active version.

But I believe you will run into defect - https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuw65303/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

The workaround involves taking root access for the application which is done only by TAC. So you can try the above procedure in the lab and see if it is successful. If it completes fine and when you do it in production, open up a proactive case with TAC.

Thanks for the detailed steps. But I can't even get that far. The ISO I downloaded appears to not be a valid upgrade ISO. 

I've attached pictures of what I get through CLI and the webpage.  

I verified the MD5 hash on the original I downloaded and the re-downloaded file. The integrity is fine. 

Not sure what's going on unless the ISO on the download page is corrupted. 

Can you make sure that the file in SFTP has the correct extension ? From the web GUI snippet, I can see the file ending is "sgn" when it should be "sgn.iso". I believe that is why the system is not able to recognize any valid upgrade files.

Thank you for being very prompt on your replies!

I was hoping it would be that easy, but it does have .iso on the end.

Not sure why it's not showing up in the GUI. 

On my windows machine, I have it set to show file extensions, and it's there. I tried to change the file name by adding "test" in the middle.

The ISO I'm using isn't for fresh installs only is it? It said for upgrades and fresh installs. 

WAIT! I looked at the file name again, and it ended with ".sgn (1).iso"

I changed the name and its now recognizing it!

Thank you so much for helping me out!

Great. See sometimes it's the easier things that we tend to overlook.
Try the upgrade now and follow the procedure that I highlighted.
Do update me how it goes.

It's always the easy stuff! 

I'm pleased to announce that the install in the lab went well! No issues at all. DB replication is working. All datastores are up and running. All services are running. I updated CUCM as well, so I needed to do a JTAPI resync, which completed successfully. I still need to test ACD, CAD, and Supervisor, but so far I'm pretty hopeful! 

Thank you for all your help!

Cheers! You did great with this sir.