cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Prep for UCCX 5.0.2 (W2K) to UCCX 8 (Linux OS) upgrade

mmendonca
Level 1
Level 1

I've setup a test server in the lab and installed the same version of OS and UCCX that is running on the prod server: (Windows Server 2003 / UCCX 5.0.2.)  I also have a test publisher setup with version 8 of the Call Manager.

After I installed the OS and UCCX I chose 'restore' from the CRS setup screen and pointed it to the backup.tar file.  Ya it didn't work.  From what I'm reading because of mismatches in IP, hostname and probably loads of other things.  The GUI returned a very generic  "Unable to perform restore please check the logs for more details".  What logs? Traces?

Here's what I would like to do if I can restore the prod database to this test environment:

1.  Use the unload util to unload the db

2.  Upgrade the test server to version 8 of UCCX 

3.  Load the data back into the upgraded platforms database

Essentially completing the same process I need to upgrade the production system.

I'd also like to get the Agents a look at the new GUI and functionality also.

Any ideas how can restore the backup copy w/o having to duplicate the exact environment it came from?  

If I have to I can put the same IP and hostname on the server.  Then change it later to something else after I get the system config and db on it.

Sounds good on paper implimenting it may not be as easy as I thought... I know I'm always looking for the 'easy' way out

4 Replies 4

mmendonca
Level 1
Level 1

No one's had to do an upgrade like this?

I at least have the server to upgrade.  I'd prefer to have it loaded with the production database but if nothing else I can always  just load it with some data and attempt it that way.

Am I way off base with this?

In order to successfully complete the restore process the target server must have the same configuration IP/Hostname of the server where you took the backup from.

UCCX 5.0 Admin Guide Page 424

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_5_0/maintenance/admin/crs501ag.pdf

HTH

Please rate this post if was helpful

Walter Solano

Hi Walter,

Thanks for the response.  Yes I did read that document.  Not much there regarding the restore process.

What I'm trying to do is the equivalent of the UCCX server terminating w/o a fix.  Get a new server install the software and restore the backup.  Are there any other considerations besides IP and host name?

Thanks Again

Hello,

Well the UCCX version needs to be same and its recommended that OS version is the same one as well

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: