Announcements
Walkthrough Wednesdays
Views
Helpful
Replies
Mr_toad1_2
Beginner

Upgrade SQL 2000 to 2005

We will upgrade from SQL 2000 to 2005 on our CUCCE 7.5 systems soon.  The upgrade guide does not say which servers to upgrade first. Can you upgrade one server at a time or one complete side (A or B)at a time?  If one side at a time I'm guessing you would need to have an outage when you switch to the upgraded side? 

2 REPLIES 2
Amer rajai Sha'er
Rising star

Hello,

This is normal to have a outage duting a upgrade process , but it is most recommeneded to do this :

turn off RoggerA, Turn off distributer , upgrade both then shutdown RoggerB , start RoggerA and then start the distributer.

The PG's can stay at a earlier version during the upgrade , it is supported by cisco so then you will upgrade RoggerB then continue on the PG's.

i had never upgraded the SQL , what i do most of the time is backup the DB (sideA , AWDB and HDS) uninstall the sql2000 , install 2005 (fresh) then restore the DB then upgrade the ICM service.

Amer

dchumbley
Beginner

The Loggers can run on different SQL versions so there will be no outage.  First upgrade Logger A to SQL 2005, then bring it back online and it will synch with Logger B.  After the synch happens, shutdown Logger B and upgrade it to SQL 2005.  If you have two AWs I would do them one at a time also.

Content for Community-Ad

Spotlight Awards 2021