cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade uccx 10.5.1 to 11.5.1 "CAD to Finesse"

ra 011
Level 1
Level 1

i've customer with cucm and UCCX 10.5.1 cluster with high availability and call center agent login with CAD and wants to upgrade to UCCX 11.5.1 and use finesse instead of CAD.

what is your recommendation?

does i need to configure anything after upgrade on UCCX?

does there is any difference in UCCX reporting ?

i'm asking about create the Not Ready reason codes, wrap up codes, workflows etc does i need to reconfigure them in finesse after upgrading to 11.5.1?

downtime will be very limited

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You just want to configure anything related to agent which was configured from Cisco Agent Administrator to be configured from finesse administrator after migration like , wrap up reasons , teams ,call variables, workflow and framework ...

you've to note these configuration before starting upgrade and configure it in finesse administration after upgrade.

upgrade process was very smooth.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

adnanhassan1
Level 1
Level 1

you only need to restart Finesse services in CCX CLI with following cammnds

1) utils service start Cisco Finesse Tomcat

2) utils service restart Cisco Tomcat

for troubleshot you can use:

utils finesse notification logging status

utils finesse notification logging enable

utils dbreplication status

CCX 11.x has its dedicated GUI reporting tool called CUIC. once you upgrade the system, you will see CUIC option at from page before logins. 

i'm asking about create the Not Ready reason codes, wrap up codes, workflows etc does i need to reconfigure them in finesse after upgrading to 11.5.1

if its an upgrade then it should pickup from CAD configs

does there is any document prove that ?

What happen with the upgrade, we are also planning to do the same, please share your experience, Thanks

You just want to configure anything related to agent which was configured from Cisco Agent Administrator to be configured from finesse administrator after migration like , wrap up reasons , teams ,call variables, workflow and framework ...

you've to note these configuration before starting upgrade and configure it in finesse administration after upgrade.

upgrade process was very smooth.

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
CAD Features will not be migrated to Finesse Automatically.
You have to manually configure the features in Finesse to match the one in CAD.
Not all features in CAD are available in FInesse. Refer below link

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/customer-collaboration/finesse/white-paper-c11-730883.pdf

For Smooth transition from CAD to finesse you can also upgrade to 10.6 in which CAD & Finesse both are supported simultaneously.
Then upgrade to 11.X

Thanks
Haris.

Check this out on Devnet, cisco tool to migrate from CAD to finesse:

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!cad-to-finesse-migration-tool

Amer