Helpful
Replies

Upgrade UCCX 4.5 to 7.0

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I have an issue with the upgrade from UCCX to 7.0.1

I have a backup from 4.5 and I installed 7.0.1sr5 on a new machine.

The upgrade fails at 43% with the message:

Unable to contact Call Manager. Please make sure that the Call Manager is running and connected to the network com.cisco.archive.impl.component.config.ConfigArchiveComponent; nested exception is: com.cisco.archive.ArchiveException: Upgrade request error!; nested exception is: com.cisco.archive.ArchiveException: Heap Threshold value is not found in archive = application.MIVR.properties, refer to the MCVD logfiles for more details

com.cisco.archive.impl.ArchiveFailureException:

Unable to contact Call Manager. Please make sure that the Call Manager is running and connected to the network com.cisco.archive.impl.component.config.ConfigArchiveComponent
com.cisco.archive.ArchiveException: Upgrade request error!
com.cisco.archive.ArchiveException: Heap Threshold value is not found in archive = application.MIVR.properties

But the callmanagers are connected to the newtork and reachable!

The callmanager was version 5.1, and I upgraded this to 7.1.5

Again the callmanagers are reachable!, but the upgrade process that it can not reach trhe callmanagers.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Jan

5 Replies 5

Could you please try this :

Ad the names of the CUCM with their ip addresses to the host file under :

C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\

edit the host file with notepad and the ip address and name of the CUCM servers each server in a different line and try again.

Amer

Hello Amer,

I already tried that, but still it fails.

I have attached the MCVD log file

The backup file is extracted correctly, and some things seem to be going well.

But then around at line 11264 I see the first error.

Attached the log file (zipped)

Would apreciate if some can have alook at it.

Jan

Hi,

I have the same problem, did you find what the problem was? its not a connectivity issue....

Thanks

Hi,

I gave up and did everything from scratch.

It was in my case a few hours work.

Bye,

Jan

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Jan,

Could you please try restoring the 4.5 backed up data on the UCCX 7.0(1)SR1, as there is a known defect in the base build of 7.0(1). Sorry for the inconveience caused.

Note: Also please keep a backup of the upgarded Call Manager before performing thie UCCX restore operation on 7.0, because as part of the Restore it will ask you the CRS 4.5 profile (which resides in CUCM) from the dropdown option at 42%, once it passes this phase any for some reason if the Restore fails, you will not see this Profie in CUCM anymore, it be converted to some alphanumeric profile which can not be used again if you want to run the UCCX 7.0 restore one more time.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: