Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade UCCX 8.5 to 10.5 --CAD CSD

HUI YI CHEN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

do  you know there is any changes on CAD and CSD when upgrade UCCX from 8.5 to 10.5 ? or only version update, the GUI is still the same and passwords wont change?

Thanks,

13 Replies 13

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

There's no change to authentication so yes, your passwords etc will be the same.

The GUI is no different really; users would not notice any change.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

We will be doing 8.5 -10.5 later in the year. after reading the differences between finesse and CAD I think I would rather have CAD.I get the impression that is supported. Is it? and if so why the 2 agent types? and what would be advantage of 1 over the other.

Thank you

Aaron,

CAD is supported in 10.5.  It wasn't until 10.6 (10.5.2) that you could run both.  Here is a very good document that talks about the differences.. http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/white-paper-c11-730883.html

Note *UCCX 10.6 has some enhancements.  The document above was 10.5 and Prior.  See the attached release notes on 10.6.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/white-paper-c11-730883.html

Thank you Kelvin for responding. and providing useful info. I appreciate it!

Basically Finesse is newer, and theoretically easier to roll out etc as it's web based. It is the client of the future, and is therefore what is being worked on actively by Cisco.

CAD is the 'old' client, and is no longer being developed. Versions after 10.6 will not have CAD at all, so you will be forced eventually.

There are feature differences, things that CAD can do that Finesse cannot, and obviously a very different user experience.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

That is my concern the user experience. we have had cad 7+ years and it works really well, Chat, call logs all lost in finesse. it may be the client of the future but not sure that makes it better. Thanks for your time.

Hmm... not being happy about Cisco's direction of development shouldn't make you unhappy with the response you get on these forums. We are not Cisco, please don't mark us down for correctly relaying facts to you just because you don't like the facts.

'Don't shoot the messenger'...

Huh? what do you mean. love the forum and all the help I have received over the years. Not sure what you mean "mark us down"..I appreciated your response and thanked you. what more can I SAY?

Fair enough, it may well not have been you... thread was marked 5 earlier.. now it's 4...  not sure why!

Aaron

No, Gave 5 for both, or thought, This forum has helped me more than my Cisco partner. I am thankful for the talented people here, like you,  that are willing to take their time with someone like me who may pose questions that may seem stupid. :).

Thanks again. have a great w/e

Thanks, you too :-)

Aaron

Thanks, Aaron. 

I have been told  that new v10 for UCCX is requiring to have passwords with special characters otherwise it wont work.  Is this the case? 

Not as far as I'm aware. Passwords for UCCX are not stored or enforced by UCCX - they are either CUCM, or LDAP based, and therefore CUCM or LDAP controls complexity requirements.

Aaron