Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade UCCX from 9.0.2 to 10.6.1

Hi All,

I should upgrade uccx from 9.0.2 to 10.6.1 but I don't know if I should use the Product Upgrade tool.

Thanks a lot for your help.

BR

AC

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you don't need PUT tool for this upgrade. PUT tool is only used when you upgrade from a Windows version to Linux such as upgrading from 7 to 8.x or 7 to 9.x. This is a a simple Refresh Upgrade and below are the steps that you will required to perform this upgrade:

Upgrading to 10.6(1) is only supported from 9.0(2) SU2 or 9.0(2) SU3. Hence if you are running any version lower than this then first upgrade either to 9.0(2) SU2 or 9.0(2) SU3 preferably the later one. Below is the Compatibility Matrix for the same thing as well:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCX_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_10.6%281%29#Unified_CCX_and_IP_IVR

Once you have upgraded to 9.0(2) SU2 or SU3, then follow the below steps in order to upgrade to 10.6(1). Ideally, I would recommend personally that you should upgrade to 10.6(1) SU1 i.e., 10.6.1.11001-31 instead of 10.6.1 base version. By the way, 10.6(1) SU2 is also out on April 1 in case you want to upgrade to that. The reason I recommend upgrading to 10.6(1) SU1 instead of 10.6(1) is because of the fact that it provides the Mixed Mode functionality natively wherein agents can use Finesse Desktop and CAD both at the same time in case if there is a need to do so. Also, there are lot of defects related to CUIC that exist on UCCX 10.6(1) which had been fixed in 10.6(1) SU1. Find the complete steps in order to upgrade from 9.0(2) SU2 or SU3 to 10.6.1

# Create a new folder on desktop name it as UCCX and copy the UCCX 10.6.1.10000-39 upgrade file and ciscouccx.refresh_upgrade_v1.9.cop.sgn file into this folder. Find the link below to download the Refresh Upgrade cop file and 10,6 upgrade image

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?i=!y&mdfid=286279660&softwareid=280840578&release=10.6%281%29&os=

# Launch the “Free FTPD Tool”

# Click on Users -> Add -> Enter any login name for example Admin -> Click on Authorization drop down and select “Password stores as SHA1 hash” -> enter any password for example cisco -> Confirm the password -> Click on home directory box and select the UCCX folder from the desktop ( in which UCCX 10.6.1.10000-39 upgrade file and ciscouccx.refresh_upgrade_v1.9.cop.sgn files are stored ) -> uncheck FTP and Check SFTP and click on apply.

# On Free FTPD Settings window click on SFTP -> Click on “Listen Address” and enter the IP Address of your PC -> Port = 22 -> Max. no. of connections = 0 ,  Idle timeout = 0 ->  SFTP root directory and select the UCCX folder created on desktop ( in which UCCX 10.6.1.10000-39 upgrade file and ciscouccx.refresh_upgrade_v1.9.cop.sgn files are stored ). -> Click on Apply & Save -> Click on Start -> Server status should be running.

# Go to Command line interface of the UCCX primary server.

# Run the following command
utils system upgrade initiate

# Enter following information –

Please select an option: 1 ( Remote File system ) Directory:\
Server: IP Address of PC
User Name: User name created on Free FTPD for example Admin
Password: Created on Free FTPD for example cisco
Protocol: 1 ( for SFTP )

# Choose the ciscouccx.refresh_upgrade_v1.9.cop.sgn and install the same:

# Once the refresh upgrade cop file had been installed on the primary server, please proceed with installing it on the secondary server as well in case of HA. Please perform the complete cluster reboot using the “utils system restart” command after applying the refresh upgrade cop file, first the primary UCCX and once it comes up, proceed with the restart of secondary UCCX server

# After the refresh upgrade cop file had been installed on both the servers, please proceed with installing the upgrade file on both the servers. Same procedure that you followed to install refresh upgrade cop file, first on primary UCCX server once that is done, then proceed doing the same on secondary UCCX server

Please note, by default refresh upgrade cop file will go in Active partition whereas the 10.6.1.10000-39 upgrade file will go in inactive partition

## Run the below commands to capture the active and inactive partition details of the system:
show version active
show version inactive

# Please proceed with the switch version using the below command, first on primary and once the server comes up successfully, proceed with doing the same on secondary server utils system switch-version

Once the server had been upgraded successfully, please run the Client Configuration Tool once from any PC in the network where UCCX server resides so that whenever the agent or supervisors will launch their software for the first time post upgrade, they will be prompted to download and install the latest version of CAD or CSD.

Note: Please perform all the above mentioned steps during a maintenance window as this is a Refresh Upgrade and hence server will be rebooted multiple times during the upgrade process. Also, it is highly recommended that you perform all the above steps using the UCCX server CLI only and not through the OS Administration. In case you decide to upgrade to 10.6(1) SU1 or SU2 then also the steps mentioned above will remain the same

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

Absolutely Aubert , you can upgrade directly from 9.0(2) SU2 to 10.6(1) SU1, there is no need to first come on 10.6(1) and then upgrade to SU1. Refer below:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCX_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_10.6(1)SU1

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you don't need PUT tool for this upgrade. PUT tool is only used when you upgrade from a Windows version to Linux such as upgrading from 7 to 8.x or 7 to 9.x. This is a a simple Refresh Upgrade and below are the steps that you will required to perform this upgrade:

Upgrading to 10.6(1) is only supported from 9.0(2) SU2 or 9.0(2) SU3. Hence if you are running any version lower than this then first upgrade either to 9.0(2) SU2 or 9.0(2) SU3 preferably the later one. Below is the Compatibility Matrix for the same thing as well:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCX_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_10.6%281%29#Unified_CCX_and_IP_IVR

Once you have upgraded to 9.0(2) SU2 or SU3, then follow the below steps in order to upgrade to 10.6(1). Ideally, I would recommend personally that you should upgrade to 10.6(1) SU1 i.e., 10.6.1.11001-31 instead of 10.6.1 base version. By the way, 10.6(1) SU2 is also out on April 1 in case you want to upgrade to that. The reason I recommend upgrading to 10.6(1) SU1 instead of 10.6(1) is because of the fact that it provides the Mixed Mode functionality natively wherein agents can use Finesse Desktop and CAD both at the same time in case if there is a need to do so. Also, there are lot of defects related to CUIC that exist on UCCX 10.6(1) which had been fixed in 10.6(1) SU1. Find the complete steps in order to upgrade from 9.0(2) SU2 or SU3 to 10.6.1

# Create a new folder on desktop name it as UCCX and copy the UCCX 10.6.1.10000-39 upgrade file and ciscouccx.refresh_upgrade_v1.9.cop.sgn file into this folder. Find the link below to download the Refresh Upgrade cop file and 10,6 upgrade image

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?i=!y&mdfid=286279660&softwareid=280840578&release=10.6%281%29&os=

# Launch the “Free FTPD Tool”

# Click on Users -> Add -> Enter any login name for example Admin -> Click on Authorization drop down and select “Password stores as SHA1 hash” -> enter any password for example cisco -> Confirm the password -> Click on home directory box and select the UCCX folder from the desktop ( in which UCCX 10.6.1.10000-39 upgrade file and ciscouccx.refresh_upgrade_v1.9.cop.sgn files are stored ) -> uncheck FTP and Check SFTP and click on apply.

# On Free FTPD Settings window click on SFTP -> Click on “Listen Address” and enter the IP Address of your PC -> Port = 22 -> Max. no. of connections = 0 ,  Idle timeout = 0 ->  SFTP root directory and select the UCCX folder created on desktop ( in which UCCX 10.6.1.10000-39 upgrade file and ciscouccx.refresh_upgrade_v1.9.cop.sgn files are stored ). -> Click on Apply & Save -> Click on Start -> Server status should be running.

# Go to Command line interface of the UCCX primary server.

# Run the following command
utils system upgrade initiate

# Enter following information –

Please select an option: 1 ( Remote File system ) Directory:\
Server: IP Address of PC
User Name: User name created on Free FTPD for example Admin
Password: Created on Free FTPD for example cisco
Protocol: 1 ( for SFTP )

# Choose the ciscouccx.refresh_upgrade_v1.9.cop.sgn and install the same:

# Once the refresh upgrade cop file had been installed on the primary server, please proceed with installing it on the secondary server as well in case of HA. Please perform the complete cluster reboot using the “utils system restart” command after applying the refresh upgrade cop file, first the primary UCCX and once it comes up, proceed with the restart of secondary UCCX server

# After the refresh upgrade cop file had been installed on both the servers, please proceed with installing the upgrade file on both the servers. Same procedure that you followed to install refresh upgrade cop file, first on primary UCCX server once that is done, then proceed doing the same on secondary UCCX server

Please note, by default refresh upgrade cop file will go in Active partition whereas the 10.6.1.10000-39 upgrade file will go in inactive partition

## Run the below commands to capture the active and inactive partition details of the system:
show version active
show version inactive

# Please proceed with the switch version using the below command, first on primary and once the server comes up successfully, proceed with doing the same on secondary server utils system switch-version

Once the server had been upgraded successfully, please run the Client Configuration Tool once from any PC in the network where UCCX server resides so that whenever the agent or supervisors will launch their software for the first time post upgrade, they will be prompted to download and install the latest version of CAD or CSD.

Note: Please perform all the above mentioned steps during a maintenance window as this is a Refresh Upgrade and hence server will be rebooted multiple times during the upgrade process. Also, it is highly recommended that you perform all the above steps using the UCCX server CLI only and not through the OS Administration. In case you decide to upgrade to 10.6(1) SU1 or SU2 then also the steps mentioned above will remain the same

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

Thanks a lot for your help and recommendation.

Can I upgrade directly UCCX from 9.0.(2)SU2 to 10.6.(1)SU1 or to upgrade to 10.6.(1) then in second to 10.6.(1)SU1?

Thanks in advance.

BR

Aubert

Absolutely Aubert , you can upgrade directly from 9.0(2) SU2 to 10.6(1) SU1, there is no need to first come on 10.6(1) and then upgrade to SU1. Refer below:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCX_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_10.6(1)SU1

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

Thanks a lot for all, have a good day!

BR

Aubert

Hi Deepak,

can you confirm me after the UCCX upgrade with the new version, the CAD installed on agent will update automatically when we launch the CAD?

Thanks a lot for your reply.

BR

Aubert

can you confirm me after the UCCX upgrade with the new version, the CAD installed on agent will update automatically when we launch the CAD?

Yes, this will happen only after you have run the Client Configuration Tool  post upgrade from any PC in the network. Refer Running the Unified CCX Desktop Client Configuration Tool section of below document for detailed instructions

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/install/guide/cadx106-installation-guide.pdf

Regards

Deepak

Ok, Deepak

thanks a lot for your help, have a good day!

BR

Aubert

Hi Deepak,

The CSD will auto-update also after to have run the Client Configuration Tool  post upgrade, thanks a lot for you reply.

BR

Aubert

Yes CAD and CSD both will auto-update

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak and thanks a lot for the explanation in this topic.

Quick question regarding Client Configuration Tool in case of HA. I read the documentation and it states that it has to be only done on the UCCX pub, and autoamtically the MSI will be pushed on both servers.

That means the CCT should not be run twice: for each server, but only one time on the pub (correct me if I am wrong)?

After that, does the auto update of the CAD clients requires specific local rights on the computer OS ?

Thanks a lot!

hello Gabriel,

did you figure out the answer the question of admin rights to update the CAD clients?

Thanks.

hello, quick question, and I know this has been out for a while, but if we are changing the IP address after the upgrade to 10.6, we need to run the post install tool on each PC first before we launch the ccx client to have them upgrade correct?

Yes, to change the IP address in the post install client.