cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading from UCCX 8.5(1) SU2 to SU3

aalford001
Level 1
Level 1

Our current setup is HA over WAN using ESXi.

I have the release notes, but can anyone help me locate an upgrade guide or documentation for this type of upgrade?

Has any ran into any issues performing this type of upgrade?

Thanks is advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

There's some vague info around patching in the installation guide : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/installation/guide/uccx851ig.pdf

However, the procedure generally boils down to:

- Download the SR file

- Back up the system using DRF at the start of your maintenance interval

- Run the upgrade on the pub, then the sub/ha server - if you get an option elect to not reboot automatically.

- When the upgrade is completed, you switch-version the publisher. This can take some time, be very patient and do not force it. Even if the 'force the reboot' prompt appears I don't force it, allow it to run and it will usually switch eventually.

- When the primary is up and you can log into the admin page, do the switch-version on the secondary.

- When both servers are up, run the desktop clients configuration tool again

- Install a test supervisor and agent, and do testing of your scripts etc

- If succesful, deploy the rest of your agents

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

There's some vague info around patching in the installation guide : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/installation/guide/uccx851ig.pdf

However, the procedure generally boils down to:

- Download the SR file

- Back up the system using DRF at the start of your maintenance interval

- Run the upgrade on the pub, then the sub/ha server - if you get an option elect to not reboot automatically.

- When the upgrade is completed, you switch-version the publisher. This can take some time, be very patient and do not force it. Even if the 'force the reboot' prompt appears I don't force it, allow it to run and it will usually switch eventually.

- When the primary is up and you can log into the admin page, do the switch-version on the secondary.

- When both servers are up, run the desktop clients configuration tool again

- Install a test supervisor and agent, and do testing of your scripts etc

- If succesful, deploy the rest of your agents

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Awesome write up and I use this very same method too. However I would add one more thing and that's to reference the release notes for the SU.

A lot of times it will have specific installation instructions which go above and beyond the typical upgrade. It will also have known defects listed as well.

Oh and also one more thing I do, or two really, I check to make sure all services are IN_SERVICE and I reboot both servers clean to get a fresh start. Then I go right into the backup and upgrade.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks for all the help!