Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading QM from 8.5 to 10.5 - with SQL change

srirgopa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am upgrading QM for my customer and havent worked on SQL so wanted advise. Is it possible and if it is, is it easy to backup current QM on SQL 2008 and restore on new SQL 2012. I am changing hardware and IP too. So any considerations that I need to be aware of will be really helpful.

Regards

Sriram

2 Replies 2

hello Sriram,

have you had a chance to work on this. I am running into a similar situation as well.  new sql with new windows 64bit virtual Machine and IP.  pls let me know the strategy you have used to complete the upgrade.  were you able to move the sql back of 2008 to the new 2012? how about the recordings?

Yes I was able to backup and restore from SQL 2008 to 2012. Steps followed are

Backup SQL 2008

Restore on SQL 2012

Install QM on new box by running the setup so that it takes the config from the SQL restore.

After install it will start the post install wizard where you choose Upgrade instead of New and you can choose to change values or not.

Recordings from old QM need to be copied manually and put in the same location where new QM will store it. Give couple of hours before the recordings will be available for playback from new QM web portal.

This is a good thread on it.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12545941/upgrading-unified-workforce-optimization-quality-management-1051-version-9015

HTH

Thanks

Sriram