cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading Unified Workforce Optimization Quality Management 10.5(1) from version 9.0.1.5

harisivaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We are planning to upgrade Workforce Optimization Quality Management from version 9.0.1.5 to 10.5(1),

I referred the below guide, http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/workforce_optimization/qm_10x/installation/guide/qm-installation-guide-cisco-100.pdf

The existing one is running on 32 Bit win2008 & SQL2008 in Vmware environment , the new version requires 64 Bit,

So is that mean, i cant upgrade directly on the same machine, and only way is to take backup and reinstall

Any guide avaialble for this ?

Thanks

hari

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

djlundberg
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Hari-

I went though that same scenario a couple of weeks ago.  You are correct.  You will need to backup / restore the database as well as move the recordings over to the new server.

In my case I configured the new base server the same (IP / Hostname) as the original one after restoring the database.  

On the new server I needed to run a script (sr_remove) which you should be able to find on your current base server.  This is typically located in C:\Program Files\Calabrio\WFO_QM\config. 

If the file is blank like it was on my install you will need to reach out to Calabrio to obtain the proper script.  (I'm not sure if it varies per version or not so i am not going to post it.)  You will need to run that from SQL Server Management Studio. 

If you don't run that you will receive an error message when you attempt to re-install QM stating there are database errors.

It is also worth noting that if you're running UCCX 10.6 you will need to install SR5 of AQM.

Here is the link to the 10.5 Install guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/workforce_optimization/qm_10_5/installation/guide/qm-installation-guide-cisco-ccx-105.pdf

Thanks,

DJ

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

djlundberg
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Hari-

I went though that same scenario a couple of weeks ago.  You are correct.  You will need to backup / restore the database as well as move the recordings over to the new server.

In my case I configured the new base server the same (IP / Hostname) as the original one after restoring the database.  

On the new server I needed to run a script (sr_remove) which you should be able to find on your current base server.  This is typically located in C:\Program Files\Calabrio\WFO_QM\config. 

If the file is blank like it was on my install you will need to reach out to Calabrio to obtain the proper script.  (I'm not sure if it varies per version or not so i am not going to post it.)  You will need to run that from SQL Server Management Studio. 

If you don't run that you will receive an error message when you attempt to re-install QM stating there are database errors.

It is also worth noting that if you're running UCCX 10.6 you will need to install SR5 of AQM.

Here is the link to the 10.5 Install guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/workforce_optimization/qm_10_5/installation/guide/qm-installation-guide-cisco-ccx-105.pdf

Thanks,

DJ

Thanks DJ

Is there any document which says that we need to run the script, what is the use of that ?

As per my understanding can you confirm  the summary of steps

Taking SQL 2008 backup (flat) of present WFM-QM

Taking a copy of Recorded files

Make a note config parameters in QM

Install with proper OVA as 64Bit architecture Windows 2008  Server

Install SQL 2008 Standard(64Bit)

Restore the Database backup taken from the old one

Install the application with the same config parameters

Run Script (SR-Remove) on the new server

Copy the recorded files to the location as required by QM 10.5 version

Please can you confirm the above

Thanks

Hari

Hi Hari-

I was advised I needed to run the script from a Calabrio Engineer (Cisco OEMs their product).  When I attempted to complete the upgrade without running the script first I received an error: 

"Schema program failed: Column names in each table must be unique.  Column name 'hashedData' in table 'Metadata' is specified more than once."

The script cleans up portions of the database that will allow the installation to complete;  I am not sure if that is well documented or not.

Here is a slight update to your steps:

1.    Taking SQL 2008 backup (flat) of present WFM-QM

2.    Taking a copy of Recorded files

3.    Make a note config parameters in QM (good idea.  When I went through the re-install the parameters were still there)

4.    Install with proper OVA as 64Bit architecture Windows 2008  Server

5.    Install SQL 2008 Standard(64Bit)

a.    Make sure to NOT install IIS as it will cause issues with the Jetty service starting.

6.    Restore the Database backup taken from the old one

7.    Copy the recorded files to the same location as the original server.

8.    Run Script (SR-Remove) on the new server (verify this is on your existing server, and if not I would proactively open a case to get the correct script.

9.    Upload new license file to UCCX.

10.  Install the application with the same config parameters.

a.    This will relocate the recording files into the new directory structure and therefore needs to be done last

I also ran into an issue post upgrade with licensing the users; they appeared to be licensed, but were not.  That was taken care of by rebooting and then re-licensing them all.

I think that’s about it.

Thanks,

DJ