Views
Helpful
Replies

Using MSDE as a database for IPCC Express

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

My customer has IPCC Express Premium and I have developed an application that checks one SQL table to see what the system operating mode is - open, closed or calender - and another table to see if the day is a public holiday.

I am currently using the SQL server on the CallManager servers to store this information. Is it possible to use the MSDE database on the IPCC server instead?

This would avoid having to send the SQL query across the network and solves issues about which CallManager server should be used.

thanks

James

6 Replies 6

r.siddappa
Level 1
Level 1

Probaly you could. But you have to pay attention when the system is upgraded. OSme one have to rebulid your databse.

JimSJ
Level 4
Level 4

I've seen it done and it works, but you should be aware that Cisco TAC will not support that configuration if there are problems.

Good luck,

Jim

g.kwait
Level 1
Level 1

Would you mind posting your database and IPCC script? I am trying to accomplish a similar task and don't really have a starting point.

Thank you.

Actually, nothing is really different as far as the script goes. The key is to just setup a system dsn under your odbc on the IPCC server pointing to itself. Once you've done this and done the appropriate database subsystem configuration (pointing to whatever you called the system DSN), you use the standard DB Read/Get/Release/Write commands in the script. Make sure you have the step reference guide for appropriate syntax.

Good luck!

Jim

megaco123
Level 1
Level 1

MSDE works as I have it installed right now.

It does come with limitations depending on the size of your roleout. For instance historical reporting client sessions are limited to 15 etc.

Apart from that and the lack of enterprise tools its a safe bet. I thought Cisco TAC did support MSDE solution - can someone show me where it says they don't?

I believe you misunderstood the question. The request was to run DB queries from the script that queried a custom database on the IPCC's MSDE, not to run system itself with MSDE.

As to where Cisco TAC says this is not supported:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Contact%20Center&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dd660f4