Helpful
Replies

Using Queue in UCCX Scripts

mesarasimth1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have question about queue scenarios:

I have 3 CSQs and each time when the customer calls and goes in the queue I want to say total numbers of customers in the queue to them. But there is a problem. when the first customer goes to the queue all values of the CSQ change from 0 to 1, so the prompt "You are the third person in the queue" instead of "You are the first person in the queue" will play. what is the root cause of the problem?

5 Replies 5

tannerezell
Level 1
Level 1

Here's what you're doing and why you're getting the "third" position in your calculations.

When you query via the Get reporting statistic step the position in Queue, it returns the numeric value of one (1).

You are doing this for three queues, assuming your position in each of those queues is the first (or position one), your variables A, B and C all each have a value of 1.

You are then adding those numbers together to determine the prompt you play. So when all variables are one, your logic is essentially calculating as: 1 + 1 + 1 = 3.

If you want to report a position in queue, simply check a single queue and report it there.

Essentially, remove the Set TotalQueues = A+B+C and simple choose one of them (A, B or C).

HTH

Regards,

Tanner Ezell

Thank you for your response.

I know what will happen logically. But I don't understand that why this case happens for just the first customer. The first customer is always the third person in the queue, if this script is wrong the second customer must be the sixth person in the queue, although he/she is the fourth one. I mean it works correctly for the second customer and so on.

Can you explain why, if you're queuing to QueueA, you're checking the position in queue for QueueA, QueueB, and QueueC? How do QueueB and QueueC factor into it?

I solved the problem my self by using subtraction. The problem was for the first customer, because I have 3 CSQs, I subtract it to 2.

The logic used in the script is incorrect, ideally there is no need to subtract.

Reason being, get reporting statistics will give the value of position in queue for queue A,B and C.

There is a possibility when you are testing there is a call in queue B and queue C. There is another possibility that in queue B and queue C you have a stuck call(in each queue)

If you are only queueing (using select resource) a single call to a queue, the value should be 1 and that should be the number played.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: